Need a new amp, don't know what to get.

Participant count
  • Participant list

PGML

So I bought my truck off a guy a few months ago who already had this setup in it. It's been sounding great but now it's time for a new amp due to a stupid mistake on my part. Long story short I have two 15 inch memphis power reference's who's RMS is 250 and peak is 500...that's about all I know about them. They were being powered by a Memphis Mclass Amp. 16-MC500D is the exact model if you're interested. I know it's 500x1W, Class D, Mono Block, and according to the speaker inputs it says a 2ohm minimum. I've heard of bridging and all that and I have a very rough idea of what it is but I have no idea whether or not he had them bridged, hell you guys will probably be able to tell just from the specs and what not if he had them bridged or not. The subs hit hard and sounded amazing, I'm just looking for an amp that will power them just as well as the last one did or maybe even a little bit better if that's possible. Any suggestions or ideas? Should I just try to find the exact same one used online somewhere?

budget and new or used amp . you want an amp that does 500 rms at 2 ohms ,but i would suggest getting one that does 1000 watts rms at 1 ohm ,run it at 2 ohms for the 500 rms and it will leave room if you wanna upgrade to better subs in the future .i can suggest and sell you an new amp if you like .

budget and new or used amp . you want an amp that does 500 rms at 2 ohms ,but i would suggest getting one that does 1000 watts rms at 1 ohm ,run it at 2 ohms for the 500 rms and it will leave room if you wanna upgrade to better subs in the future .i can suggest and sell you an new amp if you like .
My budget is flexible depending on what I need. A cheaper used option would be great as long as it was in good working condition and was powerful enough but then again I guess you can't really beet new. I'm not really looking to upgrade cuz these are in an s10 pickup extracab and literally take up every last inch, they're in a custom box and I'm pretty happy with them. I at least won't be upgrading for a while if I ever do.

My budget is flexible depending on what I need. A cheaper used option would be great as long as it was in good working condition and was powerful enough but then again I guess you can't really beet new. I'm not really looking to upgrade cuz these are in an s10 pickup extracab and literally take up every last inch, they're in a custom box and I'm pretty happy with them. I at least won't be upgrading for a while if I ever do.
dude i know more about making s10's loud than alot of guys ,mine was doing 152.8 db's .anyway you got a budget for the amp ?

dude i know more about making s10's loud than alot of guys ,mine was doing 152.8 db's .anyway you got a budget for the amp ?
I'm trying to keep it around 150. I found these two online:
Audio Savings | Rockford Fosgate R500-1 500 Watt RMS @ 2 Ohms Mono Block Amplifier Car Audio Amp

Amazon.com: Jl Audio Jx500/1d Mono Subwoofer Amplifier - 500 Watts RMS X 1 At 2 Ohms: Car Electronics

Should either of these be good? Would one be better than the other? Are these good deals? Any better suggestions? Sorry for so many questions lol I've just been without an amp for a while and I'm anxious to get one installed.

get the audiopipe 1500 ,i think its like 130 new from vertex on the forum here .it's just as good as the 2 you are looking at and more power than both

get the audiopipe 1500 ,i think its like 130 new from vertex on the forum here .it's just as good as the 2 you are looking at and more power than both
Do I really need that much power? Can't I over power the subs?

you dont ,but you can adjust the gains for the power you need ,it leaves room for better subs later ,you will want them
Hell I can't argue with more power for a cheaper price. Preciate the help. I'll give the audiopipe a look!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.