ALPINE KTP-445 - What should I expect?

Participant count
  • Participant list

alpinelion

I have a build going in a 99 Accord Coupe. V6 if it makes a difference (new to Honda).

Alpine 9887

Alpine 2 Way 6.5 inch Door Speakers

Alpine 2 Way 6x9 inch Rear Speakers

8 inch 50 watt Bazooka Tube

Factory Tweeters

And lastly, the Alpine KTP-445 power pack. I just got it and won't be able to install for a few days.

Currently my system sounds pretty excellent despite the modest wattage. Not sure what to expect by adding the power pack (upping from 18 RMS to 45 RMS). I can push the 9887 up almost all the way right now, and if the source is good the sound isn't distorted. Will the power pack change sound quality at all, or just make it so I get louder output at a lower volume setting (but same quality).

Please share your thoughts on my system and your experience with the Alpine KTP-445 Power Pack.

Actually I have the 9886, but will be installing the 9887 in its place in a few days at the same time as the power pack. The 9887 has more advanced controls it looks like, so maybe I can optimize the use of the Power Pack with some settings?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.