MB Quart -- Reliable amps?

akillj
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
CA
I want to get the 4.60 and the 1.1600 for bass, it was recommended to me in another thread. Are these reliable amps? Can i push them hard without overheating? (assuming properly wired)

I have the 2k onyx, and its doing quite well for me. Running it at one ohm, after rise, and it hardly gets warm. However, before you go get the new 1600, look in the classifieds here for a dsc1500. The discus line is better built than the onyx. Google some info and gut pics of both. You'll see.

Discus over Onyx. Onyx is meh. Kinda like buying AP imo... Like fucking a fat chick. Sure, it's fine at the moment but you don't want your friends seeing her.

Discus over Onyx. Onyx is meh. Kinda like buying AP imo... Like fucking a fat chick. Sure, it's fine at the moment but you don't want your friends seeing her.
Have you personally ran both? I have, and I can tell you with certainty that the onyx line will take a giant dump on AP. And there is no reason to make op feel like he should be ashamed to run it, either. Its a perfectly fine line of equipment for the price.

I just wanted to know if they'll do rated power without clipping and won't over heat when pushed. I don't really mind running weird brands of amps.

had 2 quart amps made by maxxonics and never had any problems. good on my electrical and did more than rated unclipped, as long as your electrical is up

I just wanted to know if they'll do rated power without clipping and won't over heat when pushed. I don't really mind running weird brands of amps.
That completely depends on your electrical system. If it's stout, it will do pretty close to rated.

my discus 1500 did close to 1700 at 1.91 ohm unclipped. but my electrical was good. this was clamped
I wish I had a dsc, lol. I was referring only to the Onx line in my posts, btw.

MB Quart is not a weird brand. They were for many years one of the very top brands with engineering and manufacturing done in Germany. Then Maxxisonics bought them and turned them into more of an entry level brand.

I remember paying around $1,200 for a set of components back around 2001. I am currently using them in my Accord for front stage, they still sound great after all these years.

The amps are good and solid - a great buy for the money they charge. I think I was the guy who recommended them to you yesterday as I often recommend them for solid budget installs.

I am running one of the 100x4 bridged down to 2 channels for my front stage and have had it for a while like that, never a problem, doesn't run hot.

Personally I think they are a step above Audiopipe.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.