RF 2500bd 3 JL tw5-3's

Participant count
  • Participant list

gonatee

norcal
Hello everyone and thanks in advance for any help

I have always had the shops install my systems and not to talk bad about em, i think ive just had bad luck in choosing em... but long story short im doing it myself this time

i just built a box it holds 3 tw5's which i already have there the old 3 ohms

i also have a rf 2500bdcp the new one.

my question is can i run this?? from what ive read online i think so but not sure if the amp is 1.5 or 3 ohm stable??

its going in a 05 gmc grew cab, the cab has been cut with a pan insert giving a little more room (NOT MY WORK) but thats what i got stuck with so im making the best of it.. actually the box is three separate .78 cf chambers in one and i didnt have to move my seats. but im a carpenter so that was easy. now im just tring to learn online as i go. probably not gonna be one of my best ideas but im sure its gonna be better and cheeper then my previous systems... well not cheeper!!

thanks ill post some pics soon

I have not had much time studying car audio yet just started reading. speakers r 600 rms 1200 peak. amp says 3327@2ohms and 1935@4ohm so is that gonna b like 2550w between the three and i should b at 1800. am i correct about that and do u think this will b too much power?

if the subs are 600 rms

3 x 600 = 1800 rms

if ur only wireing options are 1.5 or 3 to the amp i would wire them to 3 to be on the safe side 1.5 is gonna put u mabey 1000 over rms, risky

also, do you have the electrical support for this power?

The truck has two yellow tops and i have a rfc10hb was going to put a high opt alt. in. think that will do?

also the speakers r only single voice coil. do i still have a choice on wiring them at 1.5 or 3 ohm? How would i wire them at 3 ohm?

ifyou wire all three of them in parallel (all the + together and all the - together) you will be down to 1 ohm which the amp will run fine and give the subs 1000w each easy. you can then turn the amp down to match the subs rms of 1800w total or go a little higher like 2500w and just be careful with them. no need to run the amp full tilt or you will damage the subs and besides if you dont run the amp full tilt it will last longer and draw less power from your electrical

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

gonatee

gonatee
norcal
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
gonatee