Status
Not open for further replies.
my pic in my sig is gone now. what i wanna kno is how is one of the stipulations of the rules to enter is against most of the forums rules? and why arent all sigs with "audio company names" banned or removed. nobody said anything when i had DD or cadence and beyma in my sig but now that it was alphadamp oh NOWWWWW its a problem. people wanna brag about what they have and thats what sigs are for. some users on here i only kno because of their sig.

my pic in my sig is gone now. what i wanna kno is how is one of the stipulations of the rules to enter is against most of the forums rules? and why arent all sigs with "audio company names" banned or removed. nobody said anything when i had DD or cadence and beyma in my sig but now that it was alphadamp oh NOWWWWW its a problem. people wanna brag about what they have and thats what sigs are for. some users on here i only kno because of their sig.
Hmmm, you make a compelling statement. It would follow then that the name of any third party company of any sort whose name appears in a sig is a violation of the terms and conditions. This is obviously waaaaay out of line, something I'm fairly certain even Goob himself would not want.

Here is how things should be: No links to third party companies in your sig. This means no "www.*****.com", no clickable thumbnails, etc. that point directly towards a third party company. An indirect connection would be allowed, say a link to a video of your system, where somewhere in that link is another link to a given third party company. Malleability of said exclusion would be at the discretion of the moderators.

Mods, do you agree?

ANT: I apologize for the partial thread jack. I think we both understand that it is for the potential positive outcome of what you were seeking when you made this thread.

Does it not bother you guys that you're promoting a product that you have absolutely no experience with? Hell, that no one has any experience with? You're pumping up something that has no reason to receive such praise...yet. It's like people saying "DC ftw!" when they haven't even used/heard a dc product. But at least they're getting their ammunition from someone who has used the product, not just from the owner who is trying to hype up something that isn't even out yet, using the forum members for his own personal gain by promising(possibly) a sliver of free sound deadener.
That's kinda something ain't it. Also funny how this product is still allowed on CACO, while another deadener company was told to leave due to some form of 2 year long No Compete clause in a contract when a certain individual "sold" a certain company... Hmm, it's all so clear and the business practices are all so legitimate it's not even funny... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

It's alright, because I changed it. BTW, yours was deleted.
The difference is when people are listing what they run, like in my sig its more of showing off your stuff.

When you just stick a few images in your sig like you have done its more or less advertising that product.

I dont know how to explain it more in depth but its clear to see you're posting images as to advertise the alpha damp and just putting the amp in there to prove a point.

I've not once seen someone put an add banner for each little product they're running, you just see them name it off.

I guess what I'm sayin is if you had everything of your system listed and you wanted to list it out say like this

sub: blalkbklj

amp: a;lkjg;klj

front stage: ;kjdf;lkj

wiring: ;lkdj;lkja

sound deadner: alpha damp

then yeah you could get away with that. But you're just trying to bend the rules as much as you can.

The difference is when people are listing what they run, like in my sig its more of showing off your stuff.
When you just stick a few images in your sig like you have done its more or less advertising that product.

I dont know how to explain it more in depth but its clear to see you're posting images as to advertise the alpha damp and just putting the amp in there to prove a point.

I've not once seen someone put an add banner for each little product they're running, you just see them name it off.

I guess what I'm sayin is if you had everything of your system listed and you wanted to list it out say like this

sub: blalkbklj

amp: a;lkjg;klj

front stage: ;kjdf;lkj

wiring: ;lkdj;lkja

sound deadner: alpha damp

then yeah you could get away with that. But you're just trying to bend the rules as much as you can.
If you can find a definition of advertising that proves my signature is such, I will remove it. There is no difference in a picture of an Alphadamp banner and a picture of my amp. Both are pictures of products that I may/may not run, and may/may not like. My sig got removed because I mentioned the WORD Alphadamp in it. It would thus follow that your sig is out of line too for mentioning Jeep, Mach 5, Hifonics, and Knu solely with text.

In other words, the assumption that Alphadamp in my banner is a form of advertising relative to this thread is just that, an assumption. And as we know, "To assume makes an ass out of u and me". If I cannot post a picture relative to a product that I may/may not like that doesn't contain a hyperlink or a static link, then NOBODY should be allowed to.

If you can find a definition of advertising that proves my signature is such, I will remove it. There is no difference in a picture of an Alphadamp banner and a picture of my amp. Both are pictures of products that I may/may not run, and may/may not like. My sig got removed because I mentioned the WORD Alphadamp in it. It would thus follow that your sig is out of line too for mentioning Jeep, Mach 5, Hifonics, and Knu solely with text.
In other words, the assumption that Alphadamp in my banner is a form of advertising relative to this thread is just that, an assumption. And as we know, "To assume makes an ass out of u and me". If I cannot post a picture relative to a product that I may/may not like that doesn't contain a hyperlink or a static link, then NOBODY should be allowed to.
I'm just saying. From the ~year I've been here you've been a good contributing member. I wouldnt burn any bridges to a place you've been good to and thats been good to you over something like this.

I'm just saying. From the ~year I've been here you've been a good contributing member. I wouldnt burn any bridges to a place you've been good to and thats been good to you over something like this.
Thanks. But I've always been one to stand up for injustice in any instance on this site. I'm not just going to sit back and watch the rules get broken. I am not violating the ToS, I am being stripped of my rights because of either a misunderstanding or a poor assumption. If it means some bridges get broken, oh well. I'm not scared.

I'm only making a point, hopefully one that the mods understand not as rebellious. There is a evident flaw in the moderation of signatures at the moment, I'm hoping that they notice it and either change the rules so what they are doing is just or leave our signatures alone. The mods aren't perfect, I'm not insulting their intelligence (and I'm not pointing fingers at any certain moderator, period). Everyone makes mistakes.

Thanks. But I've always been one to stand up for injustice in any instance on this site. I'm not just going to sit back and watch the rules get broken. I am not violating the ToS, I am being stripped of my rights because of either a misunderstanding or a poor assumption. If it means some bridges get broken, oh well. I'm not scared.
I mean I get both sides of the argument and get that theres more to this whole situation than just saying something about a product in your sig. Its sad, but what are ya gonna do when its a private site and they can do what they want.

I mean I get both sides of the argument and get that theres more to this whole situation than just saying something about a product in your sig. Its sad, but what are ya gonna do when its a private site and they can do what they want.
Sure, they can do what they want. It's not my site, it's Goob's. But if I see moderation get personal or unjust, I'm not going to shy away and act like it didn't happen. That's why I'm doing what I'm doing.

Btw, I made a ninja edit in my previous post that I'm guessing you missed. I didn't change what I wrote, just added some things.

Sure, they can do what they want. It's not my site, it's Goob's. But if I see moderation get personal or unjust, I'm not going to shy away and act like it didn't happen. That's why I'm doing what I'm doing.
Btw, I made a ninja edit in my previous post that I'm guessing you missed. I didn't change what I wrote, just added some things.

Idk, a lot of fishy things have been going on with our mods. One being where one of them changed coma's post count more than likely just to get under his skin. As little as it may be, it kind of bothered me, especially from this site. And if you question any of them they just shrug it off and say they dont know who did it and cant tell so no one will have to take blame.

Albeit not as fast as the others, but this site is bringing up bad karma more and more every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Anthony Collova

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Anthony Collova
Scottsdale
Start date
Participants