It Has Begun... donpisto's '06 G35 Sedan Install

You gotta remove that side cushion to the left of the rear seats. Towards the top (right over the rear wheel), you'll see where the stock wires enter trunk.
Yeah I saw that part...but I threw everything in my trunk into the back seat....no way was i going to take it from the back seat and put it somewhere else. I was way too lazy.

I did find out some good news though. Some chick that left a jack behind in the hotel room me and a few friends were stayin in (for dub show) lives in a Motel 6....good to know that I shouldn't touch her with a 10 ft pole.

Hey...i was looking too...but i didnt want to go through an extensive search either. I hope my doors are easy to deaden...they're supposed to be...the rear deck is a B!TCH

Yeah I saw that part...but I threw everything in my trunk into the back seat....no way was i going to take it from the back seat and put it somewhere else. I was way too lazy.
I did find out some good news though. Some chick that left a jack behind in the hotel room me and a few friends were stayin in (for dub show) lives in a Motel 6....good to know that I shouldn't touch her with a 10 ft pole.
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA that **** was funny

Started deadening the roof today. My gosh it was a pain in the rear. I got the headliner off without much trouble, but getting it out of the car was another story. Didn't get it out till I stopped doing some work and a friend came over and helped me out. Thanks Robby //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Anyway, majority of the roof is done. Just need to finish up the driver side in the rear and do the front a little. Hopefully I'll have enough for my trunk, but I don't think I'll have anything left for my doors. Using a shop pack already. BTW, I'm using two layers and I'll be finishing this up tomorrow.

IMG_5818.jpg

IMG_5819.jpg

IMG_5820.jpg

IMG_5828.jpg

IMG_5830.jpg

IMG_5836.jpg

Here's some before and in progress videos of the difference.

Before:

[video=youtube;-Nqzm-zzxZY]

I have plans for the headliner, might do them black, but then my pillars won't match. Not doing suede, I don't like it. But I do have some neat ideas. Some may say it's tacky but I think it'll fit the look of my car quite well. I'll be putting fiber optic lights like you would see on the roof a limousine.

Thanks man...let me know if you're interested in the Second Skin stuff. I'm a dealer for 'em. I'll see on monday what difference it makes, gonna pull the car out in the rain and see how much quieter it is.

Started deadening my doors and I will do it as follows:

Inner part of door: 1 layer Damplifier Pro, 1 layer Overkill Pro

Inner black metal sheet: Same as above

Outer black metal sheet: 1 layer Damplifier Pro, 1 layer Luxury Liner Pro

Outer part of door: Same as above

Some areas are tough to get to so I'm using rubber undercoating (what you spray on the truck beds, and Spectrum.

Untouched door:

IMG_6155.jpg

Black metal sheet removed and cleaned:

IMG_6157.jpg

Starting the deadener install:

IMG_6158.jpg

It wasn't till later that I realized I could remove the two bars to make it easier:

IMG_6158.jpg

Rubber undercoating sprayed:

IMG_6160.jpg

IMG_6161.jpg

What I have done so far:

IMG_6162.jpg

And now back to work.

I finally got around to working on the car again. Gonna copy and paste from the G35driver forum since I'm dead beat and want to get some rest.

UPDATES:

- Added the Luxury Liner Pro on driver side.

- Passenger side still needs deadening.

- Wired amp through the back of the head unit for most output voltage.

Here's a couple pics, but I have more work to do. Gonna see about hooking up some mids and another amp for them. If all goes well, I'll put everything back together. Found out the cheap Kicker subs I got off craigslist are messed up, so I'm in the market for some other budget subs. Wish I hadn't sold some of my other ones //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Rather than using a small little LOC I'm using an Audiocontrol LC6i. Got it from a friend and might do some EQ/XO settings with an add on unit, but we'll see. I just need some bass right now. It's been too long without it.

IMG_6454.jpg

IMG_6456.jpg

Testing out the Stinger voltage meter. Will be placed somewhere up front that is visible. Will be very useful once I get the full audio setup going on.

IMG_6463.jpg

A comparison of the Tara Labs RCA ends I will be using as opposed to the Stinger RCA's I used to test out. Picture doesn't do these RCA ends any justice. They're black chrome with gold tips. Nice and solid. Well worth the $5 each price tag I paid several years back.

IMG_6468.jpg

Gonna test out the front speakers tomorrow with the 2nd amp. Also gonna install a ground distribution block under the hood and in the trunk to make the install easier and cleaner. Probably will do the same for the power wire.

I will also mount the battery in a better location, just gotta figure out where exactly and see if I have enough slack for the wiring.

Long ass day. Got pretty much everything wired up. Since I need more wire I'll make baffles for the mids and mount them and the tweeters when I get wire. All that I have to do after that is mount the crossovers in the trunk, hook them up and do some quick wiring to the amps and I'll be done. Still on the search for some decent subs. Anyway, here are pics of what I got done today.

Starting off.....with an empty trunk.

IMG_6471_800x600.jpg

Mounted the battery.

IMG_6472_800x600.jpg

Mounted the amps and LC6i.

IMG_6473_800x600.jpg

Made some RCA's with Tara Labs RCA ends.

IMG_6474_800x600.jpg

IMG_6476_800x600.jpg

Mounted a ground distribution block next to the battery.

IMG_6477_800x600.jpg

Mounted a power distribution block below the sub amp.

IMG_6478_800x600.jpg

Moved onto the head unit and rather than twisting the wires and using electrical tape, I used butt connectors for a clean install.

IMG_6481_800x600.jpg

Ran wires from the LC6i to the Stinger voltage meter and mounted it in a location that wasn't distracting to me or the outside and still visible. Batteries run at 14.5 - 14.8V //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

IMG_6482_800x600.jpg

IMG_6486_800x600.jpg

IMG_6487_800x600.jpg

Hooked up the wires coming from the battery under the hood and the ones for the amps.

IMG_6488_800x600.jpg

your cars still fukin ugly as sin on the outside dude

even though your wiring job other than the shotty butt connectors looks pretty good

esp the quality of the deadner install

Outside is gettin a face lift. Modified wheel setup in a couple months and a custom rear bumper probably beginning of next year. I know it still won't appeal to some people, but it's all good.

I have more pics of the deadener on the doors, I'll post em in a bit.

Thanks for the other compliments tho.

not bad my man. I personally hate butt connectors with a passion, but if your gonna use them. Clip the wires at different lengths, that way your butt connectors end up in different places instead of all in the same place( big bundle of butt connectors). Makes your wiring easier to tuck away. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.