Install Aftermarket Head Unit in 2002 Acura RL With "Premium" Bose Sound System

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hi, I'm new on the forum but was hoping I could get some help. I would like to upgrade the stock head unit in my 2002 Acura RL which is the non-navi version with the premium Bose sound system. I would like to do this without having to swap the factory Bose speakers/amp. I was looking at the double DIN Pioneer AVH-X3800BHS as a possible option. My understanding of this Bose system is that the factory head unit sends line level signal, not speaker level signal to the amp. If this is true, I'd assume feeding the signal directly from an aftermarket head unit could overpower the Bose amp/speakers which would cause problems, correct? With that being said, the AVH-X3800BHS has six 4-volt pre-amp outputs. Would it be possible to simply use a harness like the one below that would connect to the Pioneer's RCA pre-amp outs to feed the audio signal to the LF, RF, LR, RR connections on the factory harness?

View attachment 26555203

Thx,

Josh

Thanks kid. I assume the LP6-4 is just a standard line out converter? Would it make more sense to use a AOEM-HON20 for the factory integration? Odd though that it says the AOEM-HON20 is not compatible with cars that have the Bose amp.

That piece is designed for retaining the factory head unit and adding an amplifier. That would not work for your applications.

Essentially yes the LP6-4 is a standard LOC but it designed well and works much better than your standard LOC.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

passmaster16

passmaster16
Pittsburgh, PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
the727kid