Image Dynamics overstock on Ebay

Aight, gone mine in.

It's loud, and pretty clean. More than I could ever ask for from a $125 sub. The only complaint I have is when I give it too much power, it lets me know, loudly. I was expecting a little more power handling though.

Update

Well

After playing around with the crossover points ECT.

These subs seem to get better sounding everyday?

Not sure if they are finally broken in, if there is really any such thing as breaking in? But these Subs sound very good , even in a box built a little larger then spec.

The rock portion, AC/DC, Nickleback, Motley Crue, sound good.

Nice tight and accurate.

But they seem to require a lot of power.

I dont think you could get by on less then 400RMS each and be happy.

So after a couple of more weeks I will switch them out with another set of 12" to hear the difference. But they are definitely worth the money IMO //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I don't know man, I think mine sound fine off of 125Wrms each. Although, I wouldn't mind hearing them off of more power either.

What size box are yours in? I made mine sealed with each sub resting in .95ft^3 chambers, so that may give me a little better efficiency.

I don't know man, I think mine sound fine off of 125Wrms each. Although, I wouldn't mind hearing them off of more power either.
What size box are yours in? I made mine with dual .95ft^3 net chambers, so that may give me a little better efficiency.
I have them ion a sealed box with a little more then 2 CuFt . we only put them in to see how they would sound, the computer graph that my installer uses showed a little more roll off at around 25Hz, but he did not think it would be much of a difference. I have to get the box painted, so we may shorten it a bit before we do that.

Do you like the ported box? I thought ID was recommending a sealed enclosure for these drivers?

I have them ion a sealed box with a little more then 2 CuFt . we only put them in to see how they would sound, the computer graph that my installer uses showed a little more roll off at around 25Hz, but he did not think it would be much of a difference. I have to get the box painted, so we may shorten it a bit before we do that.Do you like the ported box? I thought ID was recommending a sealed enclosure for these drivers?
I am not running them ported, they are sealed with each sub having .95ft^3. ID recommends .75-1.25ft^3 sealed or 2ft^3 ported.

I don't know man, I think mine sound fine off of RMS each. Although, I wouldn't mind hearing them off of more power either.
What size box are yours in? I made mine sealed with each sub resting in .95ft^3 chambers, so that may give me a little better efficiency.
My box was a little over 1 Cube each Sealed no separator. My installer plotted it on the computer with all the specs. It was close to the sweet spot, but off by just a little. they sound good but as I stated earlier if i turn the gain down they seem to fall off.

But if you are driving them fine off of 125, then thats great, I will be swapping drivers tomorrow, cant wait to see what happens

For the few that did buy these subs. or people that know these.

Are you happy woth the SQ and the performance after the breakin?

Thanks for the feed back

For the few that did buy these subs. or people that know these.
Are you happy woth the SQ and the performance after the breakin?

Thanks for the feed back

For me, the driver performs like it cost. Worth the $100. It's definately no SQ champ, IMO. HEll, I don't even think it sounds all that good. The thing you have to keep in mind though is that these are drivers made from just slapping some leftover parts together and not necessarily a certain design goal.

For me, the driver performs like it cost. Worth the $100. It's definately no SQ champ, IMO. HEll, I don't even think it sounds all that good. The thing you have to keep in mind though is that these are drivers made from just slapping some leftover parts together and not necessarily a certain design goal.

Well that answered my ? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Thanks Guys

My original Box was a little out of spec.

The Subs sounded ok after the break in period.(They seemed to get Louder)

I think I will let my installer build a sealed box to the specs and see what happens.

Thanks Guys
My original Box was a little out of spec.

The Subs sounded ok after the break in period.(They seemed to get Louder)

I think I will let my installer build a sealed box to the specs and see what happens.

Yeah, mine has gotten a bit louder too.

Which ones are yall running? The cheap 12's? I'm pretty happy with my 15".

I got the $100 one with the black cone.

picture0061hx.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.