i want to make a subwoofer wut parts do i need?

DO pardon my poor english , but i am trying my best to spell right

anywya here the link . about the subwoofer parts

good luck

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=212786

subcross2.jpg

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif good luck

no worry , everyone have their choice to whatthere like and dislike , and also to what there choose to mock or joke about .

it really does not matter to me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif cos i know what i want and i am going for it . and doing my best to make my life happy .

if what there are doing is making them happy . i just wish them the best .

Mtx7500

your idea of making a subwoofer is good .

but trust me is as easy .

like what i had said to you on the chat .

unless a factory support you with resources . you are not going to make one easily .

you can have fun mix matching a few sub together ,

but you will need expensive device to test the result

which will give you reading on the sub .

like QTS , Qms , QTS . FS , Vas .

i am sure there are way ti caculate it .

but it not going to be easy like cooking a dish .

you need alot of resources . and people willing to help . and show you to info and supplier .

to get the right tinsel alone i got to souce in japan . with provide me with silver plated tinsel of my choice ,.

you will need to talk to factory which do metal frame . and custom the thickness , which a molding fee would round up 2-3k easily .

and you need custom cone .. which give you the sound you want . again this will cost you in the thousand .

Voice coil former or kapton . sold by dupont . come in roll

you may be able to get small amount at some of the subwoofer repair shop

adhesvie is importance and the right adhesive will give you good result .

sipder that will fit the metal frame . will be another problem .

the surround that will fit the frame .

the t-plate weight , the magnet sizing , the voice coil sizing , the low carbon plate .

is it custom you need to drill it just right to fit all the other parts .

alot of matching . and when you adjust the Qts you need to redo alot of parts ,

and so on ..

that why to produce 1 is not going to be cheaper

in fact is 10-20 time more expensive .

the cost go down when you produce in amount .

good luck

THe video for the subwoofer making is in the subwoofer thread i started -

i had already gaven you the link . and if youa re serious about it you would had read ot found the link already

good luck

You aren't going to be making your own cone, developing your own surround material patents or designing a new basket. At best you'll figure out how to order generic parts that you may or may not mismatch, may or may not install properly, only to end up with sub made of generic parts that may very well perform like petrified dog turds.

I dont know whats with people thinking they can, or would want to try, designing a raw speaker better than people who have trained for it for years and are professionals in the field. osix wants to make money, Im skeptical of his outcome to say the least, but more power to him if he does. But you... you just seem like you want to build a sub. Unless its a school project, save yourself the hassle and go buy one that fits your needs... Im confident someone makes the right sub for you already.

But, if you are a retired nasa scientist who had access to top-secret materials, ignore what I just said above. Otherwise, it probably applies.

I got to agree with audioholic -

what started out as a hobby for me is going into a small engine boost up from some order i got

the type of material you use is very importance ,

yes you may get parts . many fancy parts out there . but mix matching them is not going to give you a good sub .

there is a balance you need.

is not like if you get the best cone on the market , the strongest magnet , stringest lightest frame , the best wire for voice coil the best surround , the best spide the best top plate and the best of every part you end up with the best sub ..

in fact you may end up having a worst sub then a $50 sub that is sold on the market ,

reason . alot of parts is build specially to perform only under control setup .. and to match it only with parts that is custom made for it .

Nasa can help you to charge your magnet at maybe 3000 rms .

but that will cost you ..

testing on material is very importance every sub i would say have their own recipe of the cone . as well as the voice coil set up and other parts .

good luck .

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

the type of material you use is very importance , yes you may get parts . many fancy parts out there . but mix matching them is not going to give you a good sub .

there is a balance you need.

is not like if you get the best cone on the market , the strongest magnet , stringest lightest frame , the best wire for voice coil the best surround , the best spide the best top plate and the best of every part you end up with the best sub ..

in fact you may end up having a worst sub then a $50 sub that is sold on the market
You are learning alot. Good job. I have to admit you've already come further than I expected you to osix.

Thanks audioholic

i been learning as hard as i can .

and infomation is very limited but -

for a good start talking to DUpont and reading up dupont site can help a little

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.