i need 3000 watts!!!!! ma audio amp???

bobo244
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I have a awt15 that is rated at 3000w rms. I need a around 2500 -3000 watt amp. My problem is my budget im lookin 500 and under. I have look and stuck between to ma audio amps (however i dont like their reputation) they are

Ma audio hk602sx (2003 model)

3600 X 1 at 1 ohm --the man who i bouth my sub from used this amp and supposedly but up 151.6 which it and one awt15. $485 shipped **anyone know the fuse rating on this amp???**

Ma audio ma5082hx (2002)

4000 X 1 at 1 ohm -- very over rated i heard. mixed reviews on this amp and i doubt the 4000 watt rating, but it does have a 300 amp ANL fuse onboard. $435 shipped.

PLease help me out I can decide on an amp!!!!! Thanks..

First off, you don't really need 3000w unless you into competition. Although I won't say you shouldn't do it because there are plenty of people who just to be loud when the occasion calls. Figure you are going to definitly going to have to upgrade your electrical system to some extent if you want to run with that much power.

Second, MA Audio amps are rated at 17v and you are lucky to be consistently at 14v with the engine running. Ask around about their reliability and actual output at nominal voltage levels. My advice, look somewhere else for an amp if you want to use your sub for listening to music and (I'm assuming) annoying everyone in the general vicinity of your vehicle. :thumbsup

yea im now thinking about entering competition (well at least not yet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif) but what other amps are out there that would work best for me? i want it to sound good, deep and low, more than just be loud.

what other amps are out there in the $500 and under range than can power my sub?

Yeah i agree with Heresy... You don't need 3000 Watts for daily driving. Now if you are going into competition then you will want every ounce of power you can get.

But the 2300 HCT would be good for that sub because it puts out 2400 x 1 @ 1 ohms. Im pretty sure ( if my memory serves me correct that that sub is i dual 2 ohm ) you could probably push 2500 to 3000 out of that amp because they are rated at 12.2 V not 14.4. And if you can find a way to get 15 volts to it then you may be able to push the 3000w line ( doubt it but maybe ).. but i only say that because the voltage overload circuit doesn't kick in until 16 V or 18V cant remember but it's one of those two.

Also you have already added in all your electircal upgrades and all your extra batteries ( optional capacitors ), and such right. Cut that alone can run you up another half grand easily.

yes i will have done all my electrical upgrades. im going to wire 0 gauge and get a ho alt. battery i am still looking around about. i heard bad about that audiobahn 2400 watt amp. its relatively cheap ( i think like 300 on ebay). do you know the thd and frequency response on that amp? i think it only has 4 X 40 amp fuses.

2 things that stand out to me:

1) MA Audio 3600watt rated?? LMFAO try at most with 14.4 or more 2900-3000. they have never made an amp that does rated power. to me MA audio, Mark Anthony, EQ are all in the same ballpark cheap $$ and "claimed" high power. none of the amps i just listed will do their rated power unless you are using 16V to them.

2) Before you even begin to think about a "3000 watt amp" do as other's have said. 1- new alt at least 220+ amps, 2 new battery that can do 16V isolated to the audio only otherwise you'll melt your electrical equipment in the car with any battery over 14.4volts. also know that you will never get 14.4 volts with 3000 watts without having upgraded the Big 3 wires, and Alt and Battery. even then it'll be fun.

adam

yea im pretty afraid of buy the ma audio amp because of its high ratings. however if it puts out 28 29 or 3000 watts that perfect for what i need. i havent looked into batteries yet, however i do have the hook up on red and yellow top optimas, how would i wire those up to get 14 volts?

yea im pretty afraid of buy the ma audio amp because of its high ratings. however if it puts out 28 29 or 3000 watts that perfect for what i need. i havent looked into batteries yet, however i do have the hook up on red and yellow top optimas, how would i wire those up to get 14 volts?
wire it normally you wont' get 14 though they are rated at 13.8 i believe. and like i said on MA that # is keeping a 14+ voltage which you literally can't do without at least 2 16V batteries for the amps and a 240+ amp alt.

adam

The Freq Resp. of the 2300 is 1db for 10hz to 40khz, and yes it does have a sub sonic filter and yes it does use 4 x 40A. I saw them on ebay too and i don't even know if i would buy it from them cuz the ones that i have installed have never failed or blown a fuse... but they were more expensive. If you are conscidering the 2200 HCT then you might as well go 2300 HCT becuase they use basically the same circuit board so you are buying basically the same amp but just minus a few extra things. And for my truck it cost me over 1.5 grand to get all my electrical work done for my dual 18001DT's... by the way have you looked at those... you can strap those two together and get out... Alot.

Two Visonik 900XDs strapped at 1ohm...should do around 3kW...even more with higher voltage... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

im very surpsied about that statement on mark anthony amps, that they dont do their rated power

this true?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

im very surpsied about that statement on mark anthony amps, that they dont do their rated power
this true?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
without a steady 16V yes they do under rated power. i myself have benched some OPC25M's that "claim 2500@.5ohm" not only do they not to 2500 @14.4volt but at 16V they barely broke 2450 in the 3 i tested. at 14.4volt i was seeing closer to 2000 at the most out of one @.5ohm. i have talked to MANY different people and only 1 person "claims" they do rated power;). then again he claims it'll do 3500@.5ohm with 14 volts.

adam

so i should run 1 big amp instead of 2 1500 watt amps. would 2 amps be less on my elec system??
Before you ask anymore questions, if you are thinking of competiting, get a rulebook for the organization you want to be in and decide what class you want to be in. Different sanctioning bodies have different rules that usually don't translate well between each other.

no i am not trying to compete. well at least not yet. my system is being built around daily driving not competition. any suggestions now???

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.