good bye car audio hello gold digger

woot 20 miles and the tranny blew up gotta love dsms

hah thats just funny. I've done the DSM thing twice and had some unfortunate luck with a few things but didn't blow a tranny. Had a Galant VR4 with a Shep stage 3 tranny, it held up fine while I had it. Seeing as how there are so many T3/T4 hybrids around, whats the specs on the one you're going with?

got it moving again made it 20 miles and the motor wont start again ****ing pile

but tomorow im going to look into it more

in the next month ill be putting a big 16g turbo on with 650 injectors and a walbro 255lph fuel pump along with the fmic and piping a air fuel controller and a couple parts off a 2g talon for a little upgrades should be running 25 psi in a month or so

now im debating if i want to put 2 small 10's or 8's in it not sure though

I bet none of you people are fit to own a DSM. The transmissions in them are not shitty. It's the people who don't know how to drive that break ****. When he rebuilt the motor and trans, did he put a new clutch in? You weren't even through the break-in period yet, and I bet your dumb ass was doing 5k clutch dumps? "It's AWD, it can take it".If you bit on the fact that it has a "Galant VR4 motor", then you apparently don't know **** about them. The motor is a 4g63. The same motor that comes in the 2.0 DSMs, with the exception of the 420a powered ones. That motor also came in several Hyundai cars as well.

And Air_odie, the 'stages' of a DSM are created by independent manufacturers. It's not like an SRT-4 that has factory stages. You could be calling a stage 3, because you had a CM Stg III clutch. Don't be so vague. You had a poorly taken care of, high mileage, daily beaten, piece of **** car. DSMs are one of those cars that take a special owner, and special knowledge to own. It should have been a red flag that a TSi with a "freshly rebuilt engine/tranny" would very EASILY sell for well over $1700. Without even trying... Scan and post those receipts, lets see if we can find the corners they cut in the rebuilds to get the costs down? And by the way, the paint is hideous. But you're gonna Wal-Mart primer it, so you much me 'TEH SUPAR 1337 JDM MAD TYTE T00NAR"...

Go buy a civic.
pwnt

If you are putting another stock trans in it then you are going to have problems again. Like said they **** stock. You go puttin big turbo, exh, etc on it and say goodbye to it. Esp a used trans that you dont know the shape of. Take one of the trans and send it to someone who actually knows these cars very well and have them rebuild the trans. They are quick cars stock but as soon as you start upgrading and breaking things it costs tons of money.

Might as well get a new wrench set, because you're going to be very familiar with them by the time you sell that thing.

I bet none of you people are fit to own a DSM. The transmissions in them are not shitty. It's the people who don't know how to drive that break ****. When he rebuilt the motor and trans, did he put a new clutch in? You weren't even through the break-in period yet, and I bet your dumb ass was doing 5k clutch dumps? "It's AWD, it can take it".If you bit on the fact that it has a "Galant VR4 motor", then you apparently don't know **** about them. The motor is a 4g63. The same motor that comes in the 2.0 DSMs, with the exception of the 420a powered ones. That motor also came in several Hyundai cars as well.

And Air_odie, the 'stages' of a DSM are created by independent manufacturers. It's not like an SRT-4 that has factory stages. You could be calling a stage 3, because you had a CM Stg III clutch. Don't be so vague. You had a poorly taken care of, high mileage, daily beaten, piece of **** car. DSMs are one of those cars that take a special owner, and special knowledge to own. It should have been a red flag that a TSi with a "freshly rebuilt engine/tranny" would very EASILY sell for well over $1700. Without even trying... Scan and post those receipts, lets see if we can find the corners they cut in the rebuilds to get the costs down? And by the way, the paint is hideous. But you're gonna Wal-Mart primer it, so you much me 'TEH SUPAR 1337 JDM MAD TYTE T00NAR"...

Go buy a civic.
You shouldn't have to finesse a tranny to get it to last.... they should be built to take punishment. I beat the hell out of my mustang and accord trannys and they never gave me a hint of a problem. And you're saying gods chariot here cant stand a few drops? Its no secret that the trannys in DSMs ****. Dont try and deny it, or place the blame somewhere else. Its just another pitfall.

You shouldn't have to finesse a tranny to get it to last.... they should be built to take punishment. I beat the hell out of my mustang and accord trannys and they never gave me a hint of a problem. And you're saying gods chariot here cant stand a few drops? Its no secret that the trannys in DSMs ****. Dont try and deny it, or place the blame somewhere else. Its just another pitfall.
My friends have always had better luck with chrystler trannies by adding an external cooler. However, we don't do 60' times or speed or do any of those kinds of things.

My friends have always had better luck with chrystler trannies by adding an external cooler. However, we don't do 60' times or speed or do any of those kinds of things.
My current vehicle is rated at 10 seconds 0-60 time, so i wont be worrying about such things either. Although i do have an external oil cooler as well, so im safe regardless.

There was a pesky civic racing around trying to be king **** the other night while me and the ball and chain were minding our own business. I have a feeling i could've took it. If not i could've always rammed him off the road.

My current vehicle is rated at 10 seconds 0-60 time, so i wont be worrying about such things either. Although i do have an external oil cooler as well, so im safe regardless.
There was a pesky civic racing around trying to be king **** the other night while me and the ball and chain were minding our own business. I have a feeling i could've took it. If not i could've always rammed him off the road.
And people think 26" are just for bling...

Nice car...Hope you get the kinks ironed out and get it back going strong soon...It is always nice to see old cars restored...My Grand National should be on the road by next week....I'm replacing all the weather stripping gaskets right now...and adding a stereo system...Then I'll drive it a little to see if it has any kinks to iron out then i'll start on engine mods...

The trannys **** on those. Ive gone through 3 in the past year and a half on my eclipse. DSM FTL.
Thank god Im selling mine. I just got a Ranger with a 302:peace:
small trucks w/ big motors ftw

haven't seen a ranger w/ v8 swap but the popular thing here was s10's w/ 305's and 350 swaps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.