Funny install stories

Ok so I dont know if this is on here or not ( I assume it is but I couldn't find it ) but I wanna hear some funny or stupid things that you all have seen for installs, aka the getto installs or the " I cant believe that hasn't blown up installs" ...

heres one I had to deal with personally,

A guy comes over to me one day say's that his amp keeps shutting off. I was in high school at the time, So I told him I'd take a look at it after class. He had always been that guy who brags about the crap he has... Then when you see it its just that CRAP. Well he was saying how he got this great system and he wasn't sure why but when he would turn it up sometimes the amp would just shut off. Well he told me what amp he had... it was the 1200 watt sony xplode amp and 2 15 inch sony explode subs... he had it stuffed into the back of a pt crusier in a prefab box. well I get to the car and he said wait and wanted to show it off first. So I sat a few cars down and listened to see how loud he claimed it to be... Not bad but the car was ratteling to make the bass not the subs. So all of the sudden he start freaking out. I run up and he is taking his shirt off and running to the back of the car. He rips open the hatch and starts beating flames out. He had put a battery in the back of the car and used an amp kit to run the wires from the front to the back. well minus the Neg. wire and had used a coat hanger *( one of the copper coat hangers ) and used that to go from the pos side of the batt to his amp. The funny thing beside the coat hanger was he was using a lawn mower battery. like a 6 volt or 8 volt battery. It during his massive bass had some how rattled loose and had shorted out to the frame. He had riped out the carpet in the back and had screwed the amp to the floor of the car. the wire had touched part of the amp and shorted out. it got hot enough that it burnt the prefab box and caught the carpet and glue on fire. destroyed the whole system. Later that month I ended up building him a system from ground up lol. He never made that mistake again. Came close to losing his entire car.

Sry for the long post but lots of details. Thought I'd share. any one else got some funnies they'd like to share???? 8)

Mine goes up through like that through some gromets and behind some panels into the kickpanel and down the carpet. As long as you can't see it when the door is closed i'm not concerned tbh. And ampong my door speakers there was only on possible way. And it looks sloppy

My buddy has his power wire run through the fender to where the door hose that runs to the inside of the truck then in the carpet it looks pretty good and he aint caught it on fire yet so i always say more power to him but when it goes up in smoke i didnt touch it and aint paying for nothin

Anyone who runs their amp power cable through the doors...
saw a set up like that yesterday and also 4 coax's sitting on the floor and being run off 1 channel of the HU //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif He was actually proud of it all and gave me a demo.....

My power wires are both ran through my doors, same with the wires going to the mids in my door, i dont see a problem with it? Everything is taped, grommeted, loomed, etc. One think i didnt do is silicone around the wires, but i left them that way incase i needed to remove them for whatever reason, but they fit snug through the factory grommets. I dont think it matters where you run the wire, as much as it matters that its a safe area. Heres some pics, the black loomed wire is speaker wire for my mids that runs from the factory grommet on the chassis to the door grommet.

PB280061.jpg

PB280063.jpg

PB280062.jpg

Whole thread here on a seriously ****ed up install i repaired too. This truck ****ed my head up when i was working with it from all the problems, there was problems with the electrical on it too that made me think i ****ed it up, all the interior lights and the gauge cluster power was cut from its circuit and wired up with the radio, and they put a bigger fuse in the fusebox to compensate. When i got done with the radio none of the interior lights or gauges worked till i noticed that, lol -

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399670

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

lovindabass

Banned
lovindabass
brooks,Ga
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from