First Attempt at Budget Woofer/Amp.. Advice Needed

Alright all, I am still new and learning the world of Car Audio so please bear with me...

Rough Estimate: ~$375

I already have my car wired with 4 Gauge KnuConceptz Wiring Kit.

I know this is not an expensive setup but I am just looking for some decent bass, I know it is not going to sound the cleanest, or loudest but was wondering if anyone had some suggestions or input.

My budget is $400.

Also, will the DMM have the right capabilities to read what I need? OHM's, and the voltage needed to set my gain to?

Thank you for the help in advance.

Also look for dual 4 ohm subs so that you will be running them at 1ohm. Sundown has a set for almost the same price that will blow the 2 you selected away.

i wouldn't use 4 gauge for an amp that big
I actually overlooked that, thank you! I just read up on the KnuConceptz site. They said if the amp has two 70a fuses, total of 140a I can still use the 4 gauge wiring kiit but would need to purchase a 150a fuse from them. Anything over 150a I need bigger wire.

Quoted from KnuConceptz

"At KnuKonceptz, we do not use "watts" to rate our amp kits. This is a very inaccurate method to determine what the proper gauge wire required for your amp installation. There are many amp manufactures and not all of them represent the output of their product accurately. Please refer to your amplifier's fuse rating, this is a number a manufacture can not fake, well they could but it would put their product in harms way! Add up the fuses on the end of your amp (three 25A fuses = 75A total draw) If this number is under 120A, this kit will fit your application. If over 120A, but less then 150A, this kit will work, but a 150A mini-ANL fuse is required (sold separate) If over 150A, this amp install kit will not work for that application, that installation would require 2 gauge or larger wire. - See more at: http://www.knukonceptz.com/mobile-audio/amp-installation-kits/sp/complete-4-gauge-amplifier-installation-kit/#sthash.RTw1JbA9.dpuf"

Also look for dual 4 ohm subs so that you will be running them at 1ohm. Sundown has a set for almost the same price that will blow the 2 you selected away.
Thank you for the suggestion! Is their any disadvantages for running at 1 ohm?

some amps cant handle it. Yours will be just fine, I had the same one before running an alpine type r at full power 1ohm underneath a seat and it never even got warm.

some amps cant handle it. Yours will be just fine, I had the same one before running an alpine type r at full power 1ohm underneath a seat and it never even got warm.
Do you think it would be better for me to get a single more powerful RMS handling subwoofer, or run two with lower RMS but total of about the same as a single?

Decided what I am going to do... Going with the Refurbished - Hifonics HFi1500D (HFi 1500D) Class D Monoblock Car Amplifier/Amp and then going with one Amazon.com : E-12D2 V2 - Sundown Audio 12" 500W RMS Dual 2-Ohm E Series Subwoofer : Vehicle Subwoofer Systems : Car Electronics for now, until i have enough to buy another..

So I will be running the 1 sub at 4ohm load at 500 rms to perfectly match the sundown, then when I buy a second woofer, go down to 2 ohm for 1000 rms for pefect match then.

Just ordered everything came to about $295 not bad, hopefully it sounds okay, maybe with the extra money I saved I will upgrade my door and rear deck speakers...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.