Charge batteries while amps connected?

thatguy12
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Can I charge my secondary battery while my two amps are connected? I always have disconnected both grounds and power wires and take the battery out of my car and charge for a few hours, this process is getting old. I swear people at shows would charge while still connected but I would like to be sure. I don't wanna hear a poof and smell something funky once I plug the battery charger into the wall. Also how often do y'all charge your batteries just for daily ground pounding? I always charge before a comp and usually when batteries are around 12.6 volts.

Thank you.

Why would the amps go poof? Your alt puts out a lot more amperage then a charger does. I have never disconnected my batts to charge them...
i dought the amps would but i just wanted to be sure, some items can't handle 120 volt wall outlet. better safe than sorry.

bout once a month on a 2amp charge i have a digital schumacher charger thats digital and has a agm setting that auto shuts off when fully charged
ok, sounds like nice charger. i just got cheap wally world one. i just put my battery on charger and will leave for few hours. thank you for answer. you guys saved me bout 30 minutes worth of work to dissconect everything, time is money and i appreciate it.

ok, sounds like nice charger. i just got cheap wally world one. i just put my battery on charger and will leave for few hours. thank you for answer. you guys saved me bout 30 minutes worth of work to dissconect everything, time is money and i appreciate it.
mine came from walmart ..only 40 bucks ...welll worth checking out

mine came from walmart ..only 40 bucks ...welll worth checking out
do you have a link for schumacher charger that you have? also can you have different ah batteries? I have a 35ah right now and want to add a 100 ah at the back will this be alright?

you are so awesome, last question, so this will charge for example all 3 of your battery eventhough you only connect this to your frotn battery correct?
yes charges through the runs front front to rear ..wil charge any amount of batts u have ..it has standard gel and agm settings on it with digital display

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.