Car started filling with smoke last night...need help

I've had my car fill with smoke twice. Both my fault and the two reasons were 1) the power wire was not tightly secured at the fuse in the back, so as it began to slip out, it started to melt the plastic housing, causing smoke. 2) burn a voice coil in a Type R from all of the distortion.

You can read this forum all you want, but if you don't put into action what some of these people are telling you, you're wasting your time. When they say take the time to set gains property, have good grounds, secure wire runs, crimp/solder, etc... make sure you do it. To me, those installation 101 things are 100x more important than the brands you buy.

Sorry guys, i've already spent over a grand on everything. I don't have enough money to just blow 800-1000 on a name brand amp. I got a higher wattage so I can turn it down and not have it run as hot. You guys are ******** foreal lol. Thanks for the helpful comments though!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.