Car got broken into...

jer_stud56
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Caraudio
Smashed out my passenger front window. Only thing they jacked was my 120 GB zune + 3.5 mm cable + 3.5>2.5mm cable. I could be worse off...

I heard an alarm at my apartments go off earlier today. Didn't think anything of it. Came out at 11pm and found out my window was gone (glass everwhere....ugh) Card for a policeman (woman, actually) on my windshield so obviously someone called it in thankfully.

Can't believe they didn't go around to apartments finding the owner (or call the plates in). Called 911 about an hour ago. Said they'd send someone out. Of course they didn't....been an hour and still no one around. Called the policewoman that left the card.

Obviously need to tint my windows. Probably wouldn't have happened otherwise, although my Zune was hiding under my seat anyways? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

Ugh...*****.

cop showed up. Incident happened around 12 p.m. 1 of 3 cars that got broken into. Ugh. *****.

At least I have the serial number. Can be tracked by that to pawn shops. Still ***** though.

Ugh....on top of it it rained all night. Put a plastic garbage bag (35 gallon) in my window last night but I have no tape to keep the bottom in place and it wasn't quite big enough to cover completely anyways.

Having liability insurance is just a "kick in the nuts" at this point. I think I'm SOL on this one...

Gonna need to buy a new window and Zune unless I can track it today at pawn shops.

Yes it was random, but still they had to have some incentive to bust out my window. Checked the rest of the lot and no one else's window was broken out so they weren't hoping to just get lucky.

Gonna have to talk with the cop today to see what else was stolen from the other 2 vehicles. I would be a lot less pissed off about the whole thing if my window wasn't smashed out. There is soooooo much glass around my car/in my car. Grrr. I need a better alarm that alerts me instead. Everyone is so used to ignoring alarms, I think I ignored my own.

I called 911 cause I thought the incident was happening at that moment. A car alarm went off coincidentally which wasn't mine, I was going outside anyways so I was going to check it out, saw that my window was broken, and figured it was mine. Idk man. People do things oddly when stuff like that happens.

Smashed out my passenger front window. Only thing they jacked was my 120 GB zune + 3.5 mm cable + 3.5>2.5mm cable. I could be worse off...
I heard an alarm at my apartments go off earlier today. Didn't think anything of it. Came out at 11pm and found out my window was gone (glass everwhere....ugh) Card for a policeman (woman, actually) on my windshield so obviously someone called it in thankfully.

Can't believe they didn't go around to apartments finding the owner (or call the plates in). Called 911 about an hour ago. Said they'd send someone out. Of course they didn't....been an hour and still no one around. Called the policewoman that left the card.

Obviously need to tint my windows. Probably wouldn't have happened otherwise, although my Zune was hiding under my seat anyways? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

Ugh...*****.
Sorry to hear that Brah. I got a 16 gig touch that may help ease those pains.

Sorry to hear that man... the first thing I did when I got my car was to get an alarm put on, with the remote pager. Has worked great letting me know when the neighborhood kids throw a football at it, or if anything else bumps it, after I got it adjusted properly (before I realized the sensors were not calibrated correctly I had someone smash into my rear driver side door while I was in the apartment, completely unawares, no alarm or anything.)

Yeah my window will be fixed monday. $235. Zune is ~$240. Neither are covered by insurance.

Deductable for car is $1000 and home owner's insurance deductable is $500. So I'm really SOL on both. Ugh.

People with nice stuff in your car, do yourself (and your car) a favor and get an alarm now. Think of it as a pre-investment. Just saving yourself time and everything else later on.

I'm gonna get my windows tinted (I was going to soon, anyways) and get a good quality alarm. Sigh.

Brah, it's just a Zune. You can get another one. I got broken into with the shitty factory alarm I had a while back. I had all my glass limo tinted. Dude just took a chance on my car. He got my Calrion Hu and some CDs. I was more mad about the glass I had to replace on a Sunday than anything. So Tinted glass is cool, but it only leads potential thieves to think you got sounds in your car. Any audio stickers on your ride?

No stickers at all. Nothing.

Thing is I guess this all happened at 9 a.m. with me being one of 3 cars just in my parking lot that got stuff stolen out of.

I can't believe with all the people leave here for work didn't see anything? Musta been some hella white folk (considering day time)!

30 break-ins in the past week down here. They'll get caught soon enough.

They always call in a plate to get the registered owner to check for warrants and stuff. They didnt come to find you because then theyd have to find EVERY one whos car was broken into instead of bigger caliber criminals.

***** anyway, hope they get em

I can see my Zune showing up in a pawn shop in a few months. I'm over it. Just more cautious now. Lesson learned. Don't leave anything valuable in your car!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.