Bulid me a box?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ParchItUp
10+ year member

Texas
Im needing a box built for my two 12 inch kicker comps. The box i have now is a pos and rattles and squeaks everytime the bass hits. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Im wanted it ported and tuned to..i dont know, what would sound good for my subs? I listen to mostly rap.

Im not sure how much room my "cargo area" has but im going to check that when i get a chance.

Im just trying to get some prices and some help.

So - Who does good work on here? PM me if you do good work and we can talk prices and everything.

Thanks, - Parch.

There's an endless list of people that build good boxes on this forum. Which Comps though? Comp, CompVR, CompVT, CompVX.. They've all changed throughout the years. As far as tuning. Most would stay in the 30-40Hz range for daily music depending on which sub it is that you have. How much power are they going to see? Space is also a must-know. You have to find out what the maximum dimensions are that will fit into your application. As far as why your box 'squeaks' or rattles is beyond me. I could understand other parts of your car rattling but the box should be pretty solid. And I'm not sure what you mean by 'squeak'.

There's an endless list of people that build good boxes on this forum. Which Comps though? Comp, CompVR, CompVT, CompVX.. They've all changed throughout the years. As far as tuning. Most would stay in the 30-40Hz range for daily music depending on which sub it is that you have. How much power are they going to see? Space is also a must-know. You have to find out what the maximum dimensions are that will fit into your application. As far as why your box 'squeaks' or rattles is beyond me. I could understand other parts of your car rattling but the box should be pretty solid. And I'm not sure what you mean by 'squeak'.
They are the just the comp, not the cvr's or cvt's. Im giveing them 150 watt RMS off a zx 300.1 Im going to check my dimensions here in just a bit. The box squeaks because it has had water damage and the right side of it is so weak you could probaly punch threw it.

The Jeep's about to be packed because im going out of town for the weekend, but i'll try to get the dimensions as so as i can and post them up. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif I found that the cargo area has "29 cubic feet of usable space behind the second row of seats" from a website if that helps at all?

I got some dimensions, there not exact but im sure if it's under this size it will fit. It was hard to take measurements with the current box in there. But this is what i got - Width- 39 Depth- 21 Hight- 20

I can get some better measurements if it needs to be bigger, like i said it was hard to get a exact measurement with the box in there.

I really need a box bulit by someone local or atleast close do i dont have to pay 50 + for shipping.

Anyone in or around Texas willing to bulid me one? If not what would be your best price shipped?

Thanks, Parch.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.