Build Name: WubWub

boostedchicken

Howdy all. I'm by no means an expert at car audio. I am going to use this thread to document my audio build/setup. Hopefully my questions (I have lots) can get answered or guide me in the right place.

I just got a '06 Trailblazer. Still has the stock stereo installed. I will be using my stereo from my Jeep (old vehicle), its an Alpine CDA-9887. It has the ipod hookup and aux hookup, as well as 4v preamp outs.

My old subwoofer setup was 2 12in Audiobahn AW1251T and an Alpine M1000 amplifier in a tiny sealed box to fit behind the seat of my Jeep Wrangler.

I have a box I can use which seems to be a legit box Its an Atrend Bbox vented for 2 12's. It fits perfect. (I guess the specs are around 1.8 cu ft, 38hz)

I want to use the amplifier I already have, possibly add another? Depending on the subwoofers I decide on.

I want to have a nice/respectable system. This is where im looking for input. I am not against spending some good money for a nice speaker, but I know some are better than others, and "Brand Name" isn't always the best way to go. One of my buddies says to go with Sundown because they can handle a higher RMS than they advertise, and a couple other people are telling me you can't go wrong with the Alpine Type R.

After reading on here, not many of you guys are fans of the Type R line. With that being said, I know everyone will have a different say and brand preference, but I can read and read all day, but without some real world input, and not having too much experience with the different brands, im kind of dead in the water.

Ultimately, I want to be able to get loud if I wish, but have decent sound quality as well.

Pics??????
Imagine a stock Trailblazer with nothing installed yet.

Also, imagine a Alpine CDA 9887 on my basement shelf and a Atrend 2 12" vented Kandy Kolor box sitting in a friends garage.

I didn't take any pics because there is nothing to see at this point

Alright, so I am thinking of doing a single subwoofer in a custom ported box. Im thinking of doing a SA12 and throw 1000w rms to it.

I just want to be sure before I order stuff that I end up not wanting.

Definitely start with a single sub with a ported box.

Keep that alpine and get you maybe that sundown or maybe Soundqubed or a Incriminator Audio lethal injection

My advice is if you are doing a single sub setup would be to go with a 15" or possibly an 18" depending how much space you want to give up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.