Best zip tie mounts (self adhesive)? Cable tie mounts?

Participant count
  • Participant list

flipture

Let me start by saying I love these things. I use them for running wires in the house, car etc...

I however can't seem to find very good quality ones. I got some at home depot but they either dont' stick for more than a few days or weeks, or the foam part of the sticky pulls apart...

Can anyone recommend a good brand and maybe a good place to buy/order these from? I'd really like some small ones that would hold well.

If you're not sure what I'm talking about, something like this:

CableTieMounts.jpg

I found these: Cable Tie Mounts : 3M Cable Tie Mounting Bases, Nylon, Adhesive Mount, Natural [3M-CTMBN] - $63.49 EMI Supply, Inc

but have not tried them yet. I do like 3M stuff so I'm sure theyre great but theyre quite expensive! 60+ for 100?? Maybe its worth it...

I'd really like to be able to buy some smaller ones too tho.

Good Morning/

I recently bought some Black *Hellermann/Tyton* Adhesive Cable Tie Mounts on E/Bay.They are the Smaller Ones though,

but so far have been very good in adhesion and staying put.I bought a bad of 250/pieces.Hellermann/Tyton makes very

good products,including Cable Ties,which I also have purchased in 6" & 8" lengths.Very Good *Tensile Strength* in both sizes.

I've also bought the same Cable Mounts from the Home Depot,and they're made by *Thomas & Betts*,which I always thought

were good products.But I also have found they do not work well and had the same Issues as you w/adhesion.

Some stay while some others just don't.To me,it's wasted $$$.

I'll have to look back,and check who the E/Bay Seller was and get back to you.I think you'll like these.I use them alot too/:)

Take Care.

Best Regards/

Raymond

Hello Again/

Okay...I found the E/Bay Seller/:).His username is:jrrjrpe.He's from Oklahoma.The *Item No. is:250621674046*

It's still the same price:$11.95 for the *Buy It Now* and $3.95 for the *S&H*.So $15.90 for 250/Pieces shipped.They're

*3/4"x3/4".They take the 6" Smaller Cable Ties I have from Hellermann/Tyton.I think it's a pretty fair price and you're

getting 150/More pieces than with the Home Depot ones.The ones from Home Depot are the 1"x1" and take an 8" Cable

tie as you know.

So I hope this helps you for the Smaller Size ones.I didn't see any of the Larger ones [1"x1"] of this brand in his store.I'd

have to guess and would think H/T makes the larger Cable Tie Down Clamps.Good Luck and again,I think you'll like them Sir.

If you want...LMK,how you like them if you buy them and use them.Also in his description of the Clamps,the adhesive does

*Very Well in High Heat Areas*.I noticed the adhesive [Like a Rubber Composition]seems much better on the H/T,than the

T&B ones.

Best Regards/

Raymond

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.