wire clarification

Participant count
  • Participant list

kel789

NYC
i would like to clarify a few connections from a cheapo xovision touch screen into a 97 maxima. i already have the metra harness and the antenna adapter so here is the question. is the radio pink wire "lamp in" from the picture below suppose to connect to the illumination wire harness "Red/Blue" or the dimmer wire "Red/Orange" or none leaving the pink wire alone?

from the xovision head unit, there are 2 ground black wires on this radio. the braking brake brown wire needs a ground connection and i think reverse gear orange wire needs a ground connection as well. can i connect all 4 wires together into one large wire and connect onto a bolt or nut behind the radio or connect to the radio harness black wire to ground?

does it work to connect an ebay cheapo license plate camera to a tail light power source or is it better to connect to the Switched 12V+ Blue/Black. i would like to avoid reverse light because it turns on only when the car is in reverse.

many people are not able to answer these questions. it makes me think these wires are very challenging.

thanks.

pink wire:

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket ... inwire.jpg

1995-97 Nissan Maxima Stereo Wiring

Constant 12V+ Pink/Blue

Switched 12V+ Blue/Black

Ground Vehicle Chassis

Illumination Red/Blue

Dimmer Red/Orange

Antenna Trigger Black/Red

Antenna Right Rear

Front Speakers 6 1/2" Doors

Left Front (+) Blue/White

Left Front (-) Blue/Yellow

Right Front (+) Brown

Right Front (-) Brown/White

Rear Speakers 6 1/2" Rear Deck

Left Rear (+) Red

Left Rear (-) Green

Right Rear (+) Blue

Right Rear (-) Pink

I would leave the pink illumination wire alone, not connected to anything.

The brown brake input wire just connect to the radio ground. This will allow you watch video whenever you want.

If you actually have a back up camera, then you want to connect the reverse gear wire to the reverse lights. This wire does not get grounded. You want to connect this to a Green/White wire in the driver door sill. This wire should change to 12v when in reverse so the camera will come on automatically when you put it in reverse.

And you want to connect the camera's power to a switched 12v source.

just out of curiosity, why leave the pink wire alone? why use switched 12v source for the camera and not the tail light?

regarding to the camera mode, the orange wire sounds like an automatic camera trigger. i like the automatic function but i would like the camera to be turned on while shifting gears forward and reverse so tapping into reverse rear light is not an option for me. is there another option to draw power from the rear? what happens if i leave this wire alone?

Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.