Best sub for stealth box

Participant count
  • Participant list

jce469

Hey everyone,

I'm new..i have a stealth box for my expedition but the JL 10 that came with is blown. I wanna know whats the best sub to put in it's place besides another jL. I don't wanna spend too much and i'm pissed that **** sub blew out

Which JL was it? W0, W1, W3? A while ago most of the stealth boxes were setup with W0s, then they moved to W1. Some install shops recommend going with a W3 to handle more power and can easily be done in most stealth boxes with a little polyfil. So, which sub and what amp? How were the gains set on the amp?

Ok guys, i'm a noob when it comes to car audio. I think the place i got it installed jacked me. I have a JL 250/1 amp for the sumb. I think it is a w1. It's blown when you push it you can feel air ???? I don't even think they tuned the **** thing for me... Thx guys

Ok guys, i'm a noob when it comes to car audio. I think the place i got it installed jacked me. I have a JL 250/1 amp for the sumb. I think it is a w1. It's blown when you push it you can feel air ???? I don't even think they tuned the **** thing for me... Thx guys
Judging by your post, you let a shop walk all over you.

First you need to figure out the sub. Next, I'm pretty sure stealth boxes are all sealed, so the shop can't tune the box for you.

When oyu push it you can feel air? I'm guessing you have some holes in the cone. You really shouldn't be pushing it in.

Tune the amp to 40-50Hz lolrz

No seriously... there is no way to tell you what settings to set your gain without being there myself with a DMM in hand. Read the stickys on how to properly set the gains (it's not called tuning). I'm sure the shop set it up properly and you probably pushed up the bass at the head unit effectively rendering all the tuning they did worthless.

As for the air, what color is the face of the cone? Is there a visible dustcap and how long ago did you get the setup. The W1 or W3 with a 250/1 is a very nice setup... they pair up quite well.

This is the stealthbox for a JL 10W3v2:

1494.jpg

Check around the cone area to see if there are any holes. Check the surround as well the basket seal area. Also, be extremely careful about pushing in on the sub. JL may be able to recone the sub for a decent cost. It would probably be worth it if it is a 10W3v2.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.