to many choices?

Participant count
  • Participant list

unbonyr
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
CHI-TOWN
ok i like to have some sealed subs ported is ok to have about 6.5 ft to work with maybe could squeeze out allitle more I don't really compete but like my music loud as a daily driver listen to mostly rap but like a allitle more sq on my rap music then the average person choices for amps are mtx 1500 modded, rf 1500bd modded so thats about 1800-2000 rms at 1 or lower for another 40 bucks i can get viper 2400 and for 85 bucks more i can get a orion 2500d

2 12"l7s off of the rf or mtx modded amps ported

3 12"l7s off of the 2400 viper sealed or ported $200 more

2 15" orions off of 2400 viper or orion sealed or ported $150-200 more

2 15" re sx off the same setup as the orion but prob port these since i heard they ****** sealed $200-250 more

4 12" type-r off the same as orion setup prob port them i know they wang in a tcab box but i wonder how these would compare in regular ported $200-250 more

2 18" jl w3 off of rf or mtx modded amps sealed prob have to watch the gains but would be same price as 2 l7's

1 18" tc sounds 4hp off same setup as orion sealed maybe would port $150-200 more

all these prices are from used stuff or ebay or refursbished

Thanks and i know it all depends on install but taken in account all installs are equal

ok i like to have some sealed subs ported is ok to have about 6.5 ft to work with maybe could squeeze out allitle more I don't really compete but like my music loud as a daily driver listen to mostly rap but like a allitle more sq on my rap music then the average person choices for amps are mtx 1500 modded, rf 1500bd modded so thats about 1800-2000 rms at 1 or lower for another 40 bucks i can get viper 2400 and for 85 bucks more i can get a orion 2500d
2 12"l7s off of the rf or mtx modded amps ported

3 12"l7s off of the 2400 viper sealed or ported $200 more

2 15" orions off of 2400 viper or orion sealed or ported $150-200 more

2 15" re sx off the same setup as the orion but prob port these since i heard they ****** sealed $200-250 more

4 12" type-r off the same as orion setup prob port them i know they wang in a tcab box but i wonder how these would compare in regular ported $200-250 more

2 18" jl w3 off of rf or mtx modded amps sealed prob have to watch the gains but would be same price as 2 l7's

1 18" tc sounds 4hp off same setup as orion sealed maybe would port $150-200 more

all these prices are from used stuff or ebay or refursbished

Thanks and i know it all depends on install but taken in account all installs are equal
i think the 4 12's alpines will get the loudest and still maintain good SQ.

the 3 l7's might be loudest but wont have any SQ at all.

the 2 JL's will have good SQ

if i was you, id go with the 2 SX's off viper 2500 amp,

why you say i should go with the 2 sx if you already said you think the alpines or l7s would be louder i was also leaning towards the 2 sx at first though since people have told me this is the sub thats perfect for rap what ever that means don't know why people think that just becuase rap has slower beat drops that a person would want a slow crappy sub that would just get loud and have no sq but i dont know i have'nt heard many subs just a 15"brahma in a shitty 2.5 sealed box-good sq hits pretty hard 2 12" rf p2 hits hard still has pretty decent sq and before my freind got his license taken away from disturbing the peace tickets he had 2 l7's and 2 l5's and then 3 l7's and no l5's and i rember it was pretty sickly loud can't really rember how the sq was some people tell me badd and some people said it was good and this is with prefab boxes i run of generic 4 gauge and some power acoustik amps and 2 caps he told me they were in ported boxes but i could of swore they were in sealed can't really remeber

why you say i should go with the 2 sx if you already said you think the alpines or l7s would be louder i was also leaning towards the 2 sx at first though since people have told me this is the sub thats perfect for rap what ever that means don't know why people think that just becuase rap has slower beat drops that a person would want a slow crappy sub that would just get loud and have no sq but i dont know i have'nt heard many subs just a 15"brahma in a shitty 2.5 sealed box-good sq hits pretty hard 2 12" rf p2 hits hard still has pretty decent sq and before my freind got his license taken away from disturbing the peace tickets he had 2 l7's and 2 l5's and then 3 l7's and no l5's and i rember it was pretty sickly loud can't really rember how the sq was some people tell me badd and some people said it was good and this is with prefab boxes i run of generic 4 gauge and some power acoustik amps and 2 caps he told me they were in ported boxes but i could of swore they were in sealed can't really remeber

I said I would go with SX because I just like having 2 subs, and not 3 or 4, even though it looks cool. But I have 4 subs right now, and box took me forever to build and fit in my trunk, and I dunno I kind of regret going with 4. I would just go with 2 really nice subs, and 2 SX’s will get dam loud. Otherwise, I think the 4 12 alpines will be on par with the 3 12” L7’s as loudness goes, but sound a lot better. But again, If it was me I would just go with 2 SX’s, that will definitely be loud enough. That way you can do a nice big ported box for them.

i also want to add a 15" or 18" re mt to the list good deal on the re group buy ok i think im going to cut the l7's from the list becuase there a pretty common sub around my house but type-r really arent except on this message board but with the alpines what is the box size and tuning do they love i heard they like big boxes i like subs that are tuned low to but with the alpines they recommend i think 1- 1.75 but i really don't have much more then 1.5 net space room so would maybe getting 2 12" or 15" be better becuase i've heard 2 with a orion 2500d hittin like 150 db which is enough for me even 145db would be enough seriously i don't compete so i would like the loudest musical output

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.