Audiopipe AP30001D... I need ALL informationz!!!11!

OoMesKoO
10+ year member

Me > Newbs. :fyi:
Rhode Island
I need anyone who has ever used, heard, or even looked at one of these amps to give me some real info. On it. I did some searching... nothing really came up. Do they do rated, or at least close to said 3kw @ 1 ohm? Are they fully stable @ 1 ohm? Figure before I go and make the purchase, I'd ask. There fairly cheap. Around 400 brand new! Someone help me out!

Thanks!

Output Power at 14.4V and 1 x 300W @ 4 ohms

1 x 550W @ 2 ohms

1 x 1000W @ 1 ohm

Fuse: 3 x 30A
And what amp are you talking about????

I had this amp, it puts a kx2500.1 down!!! Its externally fused 300amps, its rated at 2ohms 3000wrms, and does 1ohm daily, and does 2680wrms@12volts@2ohms, and then at 14v does all and lil more than 3kw!!! there beastes

I thought audiopipe was an off brand? Maybe i'm wrong
For that price you can get something like an orion 2500D, or an older hifonics goliath
And your not going to buy a brand new orion 2500D or Goliath with 2 years of warranty for $400??? Not gunna happen, and id put this amp up to the orion anyday!!!

Good job getting rid of the MA audio.

This is taken from Termpro...

All right at 12.2 volts we got 2637 watts at a nominal 1 ohm load I am not sure what the impedence rise was and we could not test at 16 volts yet do 2 the fact his 8 volt batteries were dead and we were using 2 optima batteries hooked up 2 a 100 amp charger they are good 4 a solid 3000 if you have the voltage they did hit protect at .5 ohm load every time we tried 2 do a high power test I should have some 16 volt #s in a couple of weeks hopefully and also the audiopipe spl subs are kick ass.

http://audioforum.termpro.com/topic/3/6855/3.html

good luck.

Good job getting rid of the MA audio.
This is taken from Termpro...

All right at 12.2 volts we got 2637 watts at a nominal 1 ohm load I am not sure what the impedence rise was and we could not test at 16 volts yet do 2 the fact his 8 volt batteries were dead and we were using 2 optima batteries hooked up 2 a 100 amp charger they are good 4 a solid 3000 if you have the voltage they did hit protect at .5 ohm load every time we tried 2 do a high power test I should have some 16 volt #s in a couple of weeks hopefully and also the audiopipe spl subs are kick ass.

http://audioforum.termpro.com/topic/3/6855/3.html

good luck.
Ok I apologize for bring this old post up and I am not trying to pick on you but there again i have a feeling this was tested incorrectly. I am just doing this for the benefit of others because a LOT of people think if you take the output voltage times itself times .707 that is your wattage rms which is NOT true. The reason i assume this is because to get true wattage RMS you need to use an true RMS clamp meter and clamp it around the positive of the speaker wire and test the voltage out. Take the amperage times the voltage and that is your true RMS> and if you want the imp rise you divide the voltage by the amperage. Example......

say you get 20 amps on the clamp and 50 volts. you have 1000 watts rms with an imped. of 2.5 ohms...... So if they truely took a RMS reading they would have the number to give imp rise.... So I have my doubts. but there again not meant to attack post. just to educate people on correct way to test amps

I am just doing this for the benefit of others because a LOT of people think if you take the output voltage times itself times .707 that is your wattage rms which is NOT true.

LOLz...

I might also add that even if you do have a good true RMS clamp + DMM you will still get an artifically high number unless you use on non-inductive load.. or can account for the power factor of your subs (in which case you need to know both thier inductance and capacitance)

As far as Audiopipe.. I get the feeling it's a bit overrated..

audiopipe 30001D DOES its rated power...

i wass told from someone that just benchmarked one and it did 3228@1ohm with 14.2v...

its not the best looking amp... but it does the power... im getting 1... maybe 2

It doesn't look that bad.

resize

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.