Anyone wanna build be a single 10" bandpass enclosure?

A fourth order enclosure (vented box) is a sealed enclosure with the additon of a port tuned to a specific frequency. The port extends the low frequency response of the basic sealed enclosure usually providing a lower cut-off frequency. The enclosure offers a good transient response (second to that of a sealed enclosure), good power handling within it's bandpass region, and excellent efficiency making it a popular choice for many competitors and everday users, but below the tuned frequency power handling is poor and damage to the woofer is likely to occur if over driven. Lowering the port frequency below that of the manufacturer's recommended frequency will only worsen matters and cause the sound to become "muddy"....bleah!

that comes from a well respected source //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

like i said for increased output over sealed and better sq than a standard ported enclosure a 4th order is just that it combines sealed with ported basically so that you get the best of both

but a normal ported box is just fine

So let's say Sealed is a 10. If a 4th order is a 3, 6th order a 2, does that still make it an "sq" enclosure? No. A vague statement doesn't defend your weak argument. Stop spreading misinformation. OP, just PM a respected bandpass guy on here (gmonk, 80inches, mobieus, any others I'm forgetting)

like i said for increased output over sealed and better sq than a standard ported enclosure a 4th order is just that it combines sealed with ported basically so that you get the best of both
but a normal ported box is just fine
Yes thank you, I'm familiar with what a 4th order is..

lol several of them is where the info stemmed from //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

you want the link to it dude. i got it right here

how do you determine sealed is 10 and a 4th is only 3 lolz seems like you are misinformed have you ever built 1? do you even have a clue what the correct sealed to ported ratios are?

didnt think so........

lol several of them is where the info stemmed from //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gifyou want the link to it dude. i got it right here

how do you determine sealed is 10 and a 4th is only 3 lolz seems like you are misinformed have you ever built 1? do you even have a clue what the correct sealed to ported ratios are?

didnt think so........

I didn't determine them. I was using an analogy to show you how vague your statement is. Yes, I've built quite a few. More than I can remember actually. Go sell some of those amps you're always trying to pawn off on people. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I didn't forget PV and Ciaonzo. I thought PV was done for a bit, and I know Shane is doing other things. But nice name dropping..

A fourth order enclosure (vented box) is a sealed enclosure with the additon of a port tuned to a specific frequency. The port extends the low frequency response of the basic sealed enclosure usually providing a lower cut-off frequency. The enclosure offers a good transient response (second to that of a sealed enclosure), good power handling within it's bandpass region, and excellent efficiency making it a popular choice for many competitors and everday users, but below the tuned frequency power handling is poor and damage to the woofer is likely to occur if over driven. Lowering the port frequency below that of the manufacturer's recommended frequency will only worsen matters and cause the sound to become "muddy"....bleah!
that comes from a well respected source //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
This isn't describing a bandpass enclosure. Simply a vented enclosure which happens to yield a 24dB per octave roll-off which is 4th order.

Not trying to say anything, just sayin'.

which is why i say a 4th order is not a true bandpass enclosure terra says it is i say it isnt dif of opinion or no?

good for sq or no?

i assume with a 24db rolloff it is pretty dang accurate right?

if i am wrong continue educating me as a most definately respect your opinion more than most anyone elses.

which is why i say a 4th order is not a true bandpass enclosure terra says it is i say it isnt dif of opinion or no?
good for sq or no?

i assume with a 24db rolloff it is pretty dang accurate right?

if i am wrong continue educating me as a most definately respect your opinion more than most anyone elses.
Well, I think this misunderstanding is stemming from how often the term "4th order" gets kicked around by people who have no idea what they're talking about. The whole "order" thing with bandpass enclosures is a misnomer anyway. The term isn't used to describe the roll-off characteristics like it is with sealed (12dB/octave), vented (24dB/octave), or passive radiator systems (28-29dB/octave). It's applied in more of a degree fashion.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.