80 watts vs 100 watts for hertz hsk 165. Any difference

Participant count
  • Participant list

atownmack
10+ year member

Currently I have a hifonics brx 640.4 which is 80 watts rms. It wasnt my first choice of amps, but I got it primarily to match my brx 2400.1. I recently got a set of HSK 165, currently running them passive, but I can go active if I so choose. I got the amp from giftcards from bestbuy, so Im limited to the amps best buy carries. After getting it home, and installing it in my car, its a bit large. I can exchange it for another amp. I was thinking of going with a pioneer gm-d8604. It puts out 100 watts per channel and is much smaller.

My main question is will there be a significant difference between 80 watts and 100 watts for the Hertz?

Another route I was thinking was going with a lesser amp, like an Alpine f300 and bridge the channels for 150 watts.

Numerically, the power would not be that significant. The quality of the amplifier/signal will most likely make a bigger difference in this case. Are your doors properly deadened?

Numerically, the power would not be that significant. The quality of the amplifier/signal will most likely make a bigger difference in this case. Are your doors properly deadened?
yes the doors are sealed and deadened.

yes the doors are sealed and deadened.

I've had about every set of Hertz splits. They are amazing when you get to the HSK line but they need what they need to be amazing. When it comes to stuff like this the source and signal is very important because they will try to reproduce everything they are getting. If they are getting crap it will come out as amplified crap. If they are getting a good signal it will come out good

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.