2005 Scion tC SQ Hertz Audison Pioneer Build Log

It's refreshing to see a nice SQ build...all the SPL builds are getting a little redundant.
Thats because SQ builds are usually pricey and labor intesive....as anyone looking at this can clearly see...I consider my build SQ and I went to nowhere near as many depths in installation. Mine only took 2 full days, but it is nice to see someone showing everyone what and how foam/deadner should be used. I'm too cheap to do any foam yet but did spend 8 hours deadening my ride. Very nice work Hope Just what I expected to see from you.

thanks guys. not cutting corners takes a lot of time.

we are glassing in some braces (3/4" MDF columns) then we will add the second half to the bottom, glass the inside, then glass the outside. 6-7 layers inside, and 6-7 layers outside. ...all because we wanted to save 1/2" in thickness so the new floor would line up between the amp and crossovers on the board.

i got a new Forstner bit set to make better tweeter spheres:

sciontCbox_fg_pt1008.jpg

we may just remake the ones we did. who knows. those wood spheres are cheap. the hardest part was making a perfect cylindrical hole... until now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

and i should give my buddy some more credit.

beside the HU, he picked up some nice respirators for me, i keep the extra materials, and after several dozen lunches we are over $600 in compensation. his out of pocket cost on this build is starting to hit the $8k mark.

it sounds amazing. so much midbass from the Milles in those doors - you look for a sub. we are anxious for the sub. then all hell breaks loose!

Hey let me ask you why did you have to use sheets of aluminum to seal the doors?
I'm sure he has a good reason, but you could actually use that 1/8" board that he used for the back of the enclosure. It's like peg board but without the holes. You can make a cardboard template buy piecing together pieces of cardboard with tape to cover the hole. Once the hole is completely covered, you can transfer that shape to the board. I would use the same screws that he did, but with washers behind them if you go this route.

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

And BTW OP wonderful build. I'm going to check out those tweeter balls

I'm sure he has a good reason, but you could actually use that 1/8" board that he used for the back of the enclosure. It's like peg board but without the holes. You can make a cardboard template buy piecing together pieces of cardboard with tape to cover the hole. Once the hole is completely covered, you can transfer that shape to the board. I would use the same screws that he did, but with washers behind them if you go this route. 

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

And BTW OP wonderful build. I'm going to check out those tweeter balls
What I mean is did he totally seal the door so the speakers could have an enclosure? I find it hard to believe it's actually air tight.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.