2005 Scion tC SQ Hertz Audison Pioneer Build Log

Beginning subwoofer box construction. we are making the enclosure to fit in the same place as the foam insert next to the spare tire. we'll get the recommended 0.6 gross cu. ft. with using 3/4" MDF. we'll be using US Composites B-440 resin and 3/4oz chopped mat to reinforce each seam and joint. we may glass the bottom to save 3/4" in height.

there are 13 sides. i pre-cut out strips of MDF that were the height we needed. then i used my table saw to cut the necessary angles, working my around the enclosure (so each saw angle was used twice).

sciontcsubbox001.jpg

sciontcsubbox002.jpg

sciontcsubbox003.jpg

with the Hertz ML2500 trim ring in place

sciontcsubbox004.jpg

sciontcsubbox005.jpg

the sides needed to be glued in sections, then we'll glue the sections together. i numbered each piece so i could remember orientation and order.

sciontcsubbox006.jpg

sciontcsubbox007.jpg

sciontcsubbox008.jpg

sciontcsubbox009.jpg

sciontcsubbox010.jpg

battery replacement, grounding for the big 3, fuse holder mounting

big3wiring003.jpg

factory grounds - under battery and just below the starter

big3wiring005.jpg

green tape identifies an empty threaded M10 - 1.5 location for a engine block ground

big3wiring007.jpg

chassis ground to frame just under battery

big3wiring008.jpg

Grade 8 bolts used for grounding

big3wiring009.jpg

paint sanded away

big3wiring010.jpg

working on power wire fuse - Streetwires 1/0

big3wiring012.jpg

I like Streetwires fuse holders

big3wiring013.jpg

awesome build bro.. seen this on clubscion while back didnt know it was anybody from this site at the time lol... great build tho, great equipment your buddy probably happy as **** with the way this turned out..everything looks professional and done perfectly tho...

awesome build bro.. seen this on clubscion while back didnt know it was anybody from this site at the time lol... great build tho, great equipment your buddy probably happy as **** with the way this turned out..everything looks professional and done perfectly tho...
I knew I seen this before..

this build log started on SoundDomain, where i spent most of my time.

i put it on ClubSciontC to give dem kids ideas.

we started a year ago. it's been a long time. it sounds amazing. last time he showed up i spend 5 seconds wondering when he put subs in... then realized it was just the Milles. their low end is amazing in those doors.

most of the car is reassembled. the hatch panels are still in my garage. i have 6 large boxes in my garage - carpet, foam, wiring, 2 resin and fiberglass, and loom. i have two drawers filled with hardware and mounting parts.

now that i'm spending more time here, i figured i should share. thanks for the feedback. i make this stuff up as i go. this car was a lot of firsts. first time i used deadened and foamed sheet metal to cover door holes (tried lots of other materials). first time i deadened over foam to create a barrier - works like a charm.

rap you kunckles on the doors or rear quarters and it sounds like you are knocking on a concrete block. just stupid solid.

My Accord build log is stupid long. i don't know if I want to spend a few hours going 10 pics at a time to give you the history, or just what i'm doing now. the trunk baffle alone would take 5-6 posts.

the sub will be inverted in the enclosure - corner loaded. we are going to fiberglass the bottom to save 3/4" on height, then fiberglass and resin the 3/4" MDF sides and top. we ordered two boxes of materials from US Composites. the end result should keep the floor at the same height as it is now.

then we'll do beauty panels for the amp and crossovers, false floor, and some kind of grill for the sub to keep materials and debris out of the motor structure. i'm thinking grill cloth and metal wires bent to some form. we'll see...

this build log started on SoundDomain, where i spent most of my time. i put it on ClubSciontC to give dem kids ideas.

we started a year ago. it's been a long time. it sounds amazing. last time he showed up i spend 5 seconds wondering when he put subs in... then realized it was just the Milles. their low end is amazing in those doors.

most of the car is reassembled. the hatch panels are still in my garage. i have 6 large boxes in my garage - carpet, foam, wiring, 2 resin and fiberglass, and loom. i have two drawers filled with hardware and mounting parts.

now that i'm spending more time here, i figured i should share. thanks for the feedback. i make this stuff up as i go. this car was a lot of firsts. first time i used deadened and foamed sheet metal to cover door holes (tried lots of other materials). first time i deadened over foam to create a barrier - works like a charm.

rap you kunckles on the doors or rear quarters and it sounds like you are knocking on a concrete block. just stupid solid.

My Accord build log is stupid long. i don't know if I want to spend a few hours going 10 pics at a time to give you the history, or just what i'm doing now. the trunk baffle alone would take 5-6 posts.
im about to order some deadner myself when i get back from being out state for work.. so in about a month or so.. im thinkin of definately doing something like you did to the doors and hatch area..how much deadner did u use for those areas do you think? i need to build myself a new set of speaker rings(ordered pre-made ones for tc from ed) for my tc so i can deaden these ones before they go in... im hopin the comps will get louder from it!.. this build has given me a ton of inspiration/ideas for my tc tho. thanks bro! keep up the good work

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.