10W3dodge96 sold broken BM's

jacka
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
CA
Last week, I decided to jump on a deal for a pair for BM 12's. He said they were excellent cosmetically and 100% working. They arrived today, with one sub having a completely ripped spider. Both subs do not read anything on the ohm-meter. And one sub had a broken tinsel which was soldered back on using a copper wire (which he did not even mention to me). They were packaged pretty well, double boxed and bubble wrap in the outer box, but I doubt shipping damage could completely rip a spider. I put up the thread as fast as I could, I have work in half an hour so I won't be around, the subs came at 2:45PM. Here are the pictures:

IMG_1165.jpg

IMG_1166.jpg

IMG_1167.jpg

IMG_1168.jpg

IMG_1170.jpg

IMG_1172.jpg

IMG_1177.jpg

i also just got off the phone with nick from SI, he said he probably knows exactly who sold these to me because someone was inquiring about broken tinsels and trying to fix it themselves, so the damage definitely happened before shipping.

Thanks for posting the pictures. With zero reading on the volt meter on all coils and the spider being separated at the triple joint, those were damaged drivers before they were shipped.

Voice coils don't go bad during shipping and spiders don't tear during shipping.

wow, he was just in this thread and left, and ignoring my IM's. if youre out there, just let me know if you dont want to refund me, i'll handle it with other people.

heh, and he blocked me on aim.

okay, he's blocked a screen name, wont reply on any other screen name, wont reply to pm's, so there ya go, 100% scammer. oh, and he still comes on here without any care of this matter.

does anyone know this guy locally?

yep, won't even man up and say a thing, hiding behind his computer screen

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

jacka

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
jacka
CA
Start date
Participants