Anyone wanna build be a single 10" bandpass enclosure?

Chris Z
10+ year member

Always wanting more bass!
AL
I'm thinking a lot about getting a 10" AudioQue SDC2.5 and I want a good mix of SPL and SQ as well. The specs are here: http://www.audioque.com/aq/?page_id=22 but the recommended port volume is between 1.2-1.5 and on a completely separate page of the site. Are there a good amount of people on here that design bandpass boxes? I'd definitely have to see some pictures of your work before I decide on the designer though.

Thanks!

from what ive heard aq/DD subs don't perform well in 4th orders. id just stick with a ported enclosure. but im no expert on these subs or bandpass. i can however design/build a ported enclosure. http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=453793 if its small enough to fit my scrap sheets then ill do 35+ shipping. basically to get my name out there in building/ also to get rid of spare stuff taking up space.

pm mobieous 80INCHES iamamp3pimp for some help with bandpass design.

Ok...so who is an expert on Audioque subs and the enclosures they belong in? For the sub I'm getting - it needs between 1.2-1.5 cu ft so I'd probably like it to have about 1.4 cu ft volume after displacement. Look at the specs in the link in my first post to see how the box needs to be designed.

you dont need to be an expert on aq subs to design the enclosure really the enclosure does it all not the sub. the sub just does what it does in the space you give it.

i'd say 1.5 to 2.0 cf is a better option to really bring out the lows a lil better but thats just my opinion.

why bandpass? thats the last thing you want for sq.a 4th order is for sq

a 6th is for very loud in a very narrow passband.
So you said a bandpass is the last thing one wants for sq...and then says a 4th order bandpass is for sq..

I'm missing your logic here.

even tho a 4th order is a passband alignment i dont consider it a true bandpass any ported enclosure is technically a passband enclosure.

just a dif in terminology is all.

All right, seriously...I'm looking for some offers here, not a lesson on enclosures.

even tho a 4th order is a passband alignment i dont consider it a true bandpass any ported enclosure is technically a passband enclosure.just a dif in terminology is all.
A 4th order Bandpass is A BANDPASS. You're terminology doesn't negate this fact. And 4th orders are rarely "for sq" as you say.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.