4th order clamshell in a trailblazer

nuboot
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
so i been doing some brainstorming and playing with some numbers tomorrow i will go do some measurement to see if it will work. i am gonna try and do a clamshell 4th order basically it will be 16 10s 8 slanted up and 8 slanted down for a total of 8 cubes each then i will have it shooting into 25cubes with 300 sq inches of port.

sealed box 30h x 48w x 13d

ported in closure 30h x 55w x 30d

these are numbers that looked good on paper so if i am ****ed up let me know this is my first time trying something a lil difficult before i have to go back to iraq. so any and all help is welcomed also. i see people doing lil draw ups and designs what program r they using

You need a bigger port like that for a bandpass. Thats a pretty average tuning for a 4th order for a musical build.

Id go for at least 550 in^ of port. The more the better.

o ok tomorrow i am gonna see what i can do. for the sealed enclosure instead of making it like a clamshell having them on slanted baffles would it hurt to have them along the side firing to the other side. hope that wasnt confusinig

so i been doing some brainstorming and playing with some numbers tomorrow i will go do some measurement to see if it will work. i am gonna try and do a clamshell 4th order basically it will be 16 10s 8 slanted up and 8 slanted down for a total of 8 cubes each then i will have it shooting into 25cubes with 300 sq inches of port.

sealed box 30h x 48w x 13d

ported in closure 30h x 55w x 30d
ur sealed chamber is on the big side...instead of 30x48x13 ...make it 30x48x10

by doing that u can have a ported chamber of 30x55x33..bigger ported area = more efficient setup

Youre going to want around 25in^ of port per cubic foot of ported airspace. Id tune anywhere from 45-52hz.
agreed...

thanks sounds good. so is it gonna be ok for the 16 subs 8 on a baffle slanted down and 8 on a baffle slanted up share airspace or should i seal them off individually

thanks sounds good. so is it gonna be ok for the 16 subs 8 on a baffle slanted down and 8 on a baffle slanted up share airspace or should i seal them off individually
either will work sealing them off individually would wind up creating more bracing... but would take more airspace also... commom chambers are fine. just be sure they're still well braced.

either will work sealing them off individually would wind up creating more bracing... but would take more airspace also... commom chambers are fine. just be sure they're still well braced.
You actaully cant seal them individually unless you account for the slant. When you seal each one off, each sub would have a different amount of airspace. Give them common chambers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.