4 8" 4th Order Bandpass?!?!?!?!

manny1337
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Mass
Okay well ive got my re x 8 coming in soon (jan 5th) ive got some time to think of a box. Has anyone on here ever done a 4th order bandpass with 8's? Is there any benefits/loss of bandpass over a normal ported enclosure? Who on here can design me a box? or is there anywhere i can find some already made layouts? Just trying to get a better know how about bandpass. thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Okay well ive got my re x 8 coming in soon (dec 5th) ive got some time to think of a box. Has anyone on here ever done a 4th order bandpass with 8's? Is there any benefits/loss of bandpass over a normal ported enclosure? Who on here can design me a box? or is there anywhere i can find some already made layouts? Just trying to get a better know how about bandpass. thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Dec. 5th is already past shouldn't you already have them.

oops ment jan my bad //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'm gonna ask this because although i dont have your answer, someone who knows how to design a bandpass box would want to know. What are you trying to achieve overall? If you are planning any kind of resemblance to SQ then a bandpass box is not what you want... Properly tuned it will still have a higher rolloff rate than a properly tuned ported box.

Im just trying to get these 8's as loud as i can. Does a bandpass box really kill sq that bad? sorry ive never got into bandpass. i guess there is always a time to learn =P

I'm gonna ask this because although i dont have your answer, someone who knows how to design a bandpass box would want to know. What are you trying to achieve overall? If you are planning any kind of resemblance to SQ then a bandpass box is not what you want... Properly tuned it will still have a higher rolloff rate than a properly tuned ported box.
Apparently you dont know too much about bandpass. Ive had two 4th orders and they sounded great.

well fill me with info //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif any link or anything i can read would help //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

oh man thanks for the great tip. already did it though befor i post this topic //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

so if it is a design you are looking for, i can handle it for you

heres the last 4th order that i designed, it's for a pair of 12's, being build as we speak

4thorderxray3.jpg

heres another, absolutely destroying anything down low, and sounding really nice from what i have been told

xrayDesktopResolution.jpg

While these are larger than what you will be working with, i am fully confident that i would be able to design something that would sound how you want it to sound.

given the proper space requirements of course.

shoot me a pm or an email if you are interested, with the dimentions that you are working with.

While you are correct about the rolloff, its not entirely difficult to make a 4th order play exactly how you want it too.

While you are correct about the rolloff, its not entirely difficult to make a 4th order play exactly how you want it too.

and manny, no, that isnt not true at all. Most of my requests for a 4th order specify that the person wants it to play safely between 20-75 hz

and they do just that.

they are peaky for sure, but they are entirely more efficent and safe at higher power levels than a standard ported enclosure, in my opinion.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.