need help on BIG box designe

Participant count
  • Participant list

the Answer
10+ year member

DC audio FTMFW
can sombody designe a box for me. im thinking about getting 2 18" dc lvl 4xls that i can get for a good price and i need help with the box. im putting it in my 92 ranger ext.cab i can go 40wX16dX 35h. the problem is at the top of the seats i have 16in to the back window (stright back) but from the top of the glass i can only go 15in without hitting the seat. i want it to be 8+cubes(if possible) at 30 hertz. can somebody plz.

note: i used the RE audio box maker and i came up with something that might work,

the only thing is is will that be ok with the port being angle like that?

i think i can imagine your box, the angle in the port isnt ideal, but it will work. and 8 cubes for two 18s seems a bit small to me
well with the meassurements i gave it like 10.5 before displacement. but the angled port will work

if they're that good of a deal, buy them and sell them for a profit, then spend that money on a good set of 15's.... it is the BEST way to do it, or use 1 18 and sell the other.... you don't have enough space for two....

a wall is no easy task. but if you are that desperate to get this "deal" go for it.

but if you're anything like me, no point in getting subs you really don't have use for. I like the idea of using 1 and selling the other though

the thing is is that they are dual 1.

thegreatestpenn does the audiopipe 1500d go down to .5ohms? i was thinking about getting that for 1 and the 3000d for the 2 18s.

the thing is is that they are dual 1.thegreatestpenn does the audiopipe 1500d go down to .5ohms? i was thinking about getting that for 1 and the 3000d for the 2 18s.
i wouldn't run it daily at 1/2ohm. but I don't like the amp that much compared to a lot of different monoblocks I've run (not that its bad it works just fie, just not in my top 5 of amps)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.