help with my amp

Participant count
  • Participant list
what you just explained would be for another situation but in this case it wouldnt help him! his fuse and wire size are correct, he said it did fine for 2 day's then boom nothing! so im thinking he either has to low of an ohm load for the amp to handle, or he has a faulty amp.......also im wondering if the electrical cant handle the amp and is dropping to dangerously low level's in which will cause the issue's that have occured to occur
actually the fuse by the battery was 100, and the fuses in the amp equal 120. If the amp is AT ITS FULL POTENTIAL, the fuse up by the battery would blow because too much current flow. This could have caused the fuses in the amp to bust to SAVE THE AMP and then the fuse on the POWER WIRE to go. Very easily to have been done.

And secondly, A TOO LOW impedance load would not blow ALL the fuses on the amp, or the fuse up near the battery. It would just cause the amp to go into protect mode. Then when he turns off the amp and turns it back on , via his cd player, it would work again and go into protect mode again, IF the amp was that touchy and doesnt give leeway on impedance loads.

I highly doubt that its from a low impedance load considering viper has always been a decent brand for its time.

actually the fuse by the battery was 100, and the fuses in the amp equal 120. If the amp is AT ITS FULL POTENTIAL, the fuse up by the battery would blow because too much current flow. This could have caused the fuses in the amp to bust to SAVE THE AMP and then the fuse on the POWER WIRE to go. Very easily to have been done.
And secondly, A TOO LOW impedance load would not blow ALL the fuses on the amp, or the fuse up near the battery. It would just cause the amp to go into protect mode. Then when he turns off the amp and turns it back on , via his cd player, it would work again and go into protect mode again, IF the amp was that touchy and doesnt give leeway on impedance loads.

I highly doubt that its from a low impedance load considering viper has always been a decent brand for its time.
actualy if you read the op post it say's 3 30 amp fuses....90 amp's total. anyhow a low impedance can blow the fuses if it indeed is a faulty amp! which i am starting to lean in that direction

o **** so then why did i get 4 fuses from, my bad. i did read it wrong. but as far as everything else it still doesnt seem like a low impedance load. especailly when he said when he touched the ground wire i believe, he sparked the power wire by the batt and blew the fuse. Sounds like a SHITTY wiring job.

Running too low of an impedance load will blow your fuses in some cases. that kept happening to me about 4 years ago when I have one of the Fosgate amps. I kept trying to run it at 1 ohm, and the fuse by the battry kept on blowing.

On another note, if the Viper 1200 has the same board as the Orion 1200D, from what he's saying, that's also what happened to my original 1200D. I was pushing it fine, then all of a sudden, all the fuses blow. I checked my wiring, fuses and ohm load and everything was okay. I hooked it back up, and it blows the fuses again, only this time, the infamous cloud of white smoke appears. Then I was like //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

i bought them from a friend amp and sub i have tried retightening the ground many times and still blows all of the fuses and i moved it once so i guess i need to take the sub out and look at it to find out the ohms?

well i guess all i can say is i never had an amp have all of its fuses BLOW on me because of the impedance. Your going to need to check the ohms on each voicecoil on the sub. EACH + and - and i was ****ed up last night so sorry if i didnt read the thread throughly

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.