• gross volume minus sub and bracing.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • volume after port displacement.

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters

SicAudio
5,000+ posts

did you fart dude?
got a guy on a forum ( roe ) that says a 3.75cf box with a 12.5" x 3" port needs to be 27" long for 35hz instead of 16.25" long for 35Hz

he is using 2.6cf and tuning to that wtf?

thoughts?

ideas?

anyone wanna do the math to prove it?

i say 16.25 not accounting for sub.

it should be close to 16.25 or so. port tuning should be based on net volume. so was the 3.75 after sub and port and braciing displacements?

no he is accounting for only 2.6cf which is after some random port length he came up with and called it 35hz at 27" lol

even winiasd says at 27 it is 29.53hz bbp same all online port calcs say the same too. he thinks u tune from volume after the port instead of before the port. you cant tune after the port if you dont know what the port length is yet.

no he is accounting for only 2.6cf which is after some random port length he came up with and called it 35hz at 27" loleven winiasd says at 27 it is 29.53hz bbp same all online port calcs say the same too. he thinks u tune from volume after the port instead of before the port. you cant tune after the port if you dont know what the port length is yet.
ha nope. gotta get your port length from your net volume, then calculate its displacement then use that to give you your third box dimensions to account for the port displacement

i was going by the what i thought was what the guy actually wanted... 3.75 cubes. even so 13 sq inch per cube isnt too much

i was going by the what i thought was what the guy actually wanted... 3.75 cubes. even so 13 sq inch per cube isnt too much

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...