Subs..... Not sure which or why.

I'm just curious as to why? I just need to get stuff straight to make an educated buy.

I am looking for ~1000rms+ for about 100$.

The Pioneer SPL, or a Alpine Type R... Both great choices.
Type R rated at 500, but will take a clean 1000 all day long.
"The Pioneer SPL" Are you loling me?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif They are like 600$.

Alpine

So I would be fine running that hard @ 1ohm? Would it get as loud as those other subs listed? Louder? Better SQ?

I want loud and clear for cheap... I can do 1 15" or two 10's or 12's. I'm not sure whats going on with money ATM, but I may double my budget!

Keep the comments and suggestions coming! They help me alot. I think now the PA's are out of the question.

-Question. Would two 500w subs be louder than one 1000w one??? Same brand model etc...

Anyone know where I can find wiring diagrams?

See, this is where it gets confusing... I have people telling me that 500rms subs will handle 1000w daily. Some say some are bad, other don't... I have extremely little experience with subwoofers... I have head some Sony's some RockforFosgates, and Duals.... As you can see from that list I would not no what something "should" sound like, and what brands like Alpine or Pioneer sound like....

When they only list MAX power, this should be a telltale sign to stay away from it.

Max power 3000w, RMS 300? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif - I have no idea what the actual rms power is on that sub though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.