Subs..... Not sure which or why.

Those Pioneers are solid subs. So are the Alpines. Just make sure to give them a nice amp and box.
How much do you want to spend? Power? Trunk Space?
Sounds like the majority of you think the Pioneers are a good buy.

Price is in the air right now.... Really about 100ish for a single sub... I can get the premiers for 140$ shipped each.

I have a PA 3000d so I will get ~1700 @ 1ohm. So if I get two I would need them to be dual 1ohm.

Space is not really an issue. I have about 14" high, 40" wide, 16" thick. So plenty for 12"ers. 15" would have to lye facing towards the ceiling.

What type of box is good for the pioneers? Right now I just have an ~ 2c sealed box for two 12"...

Also Would it sound bad to incorporate my old subs in t=with the new one? Would that sound like ****? My old ones are Dual 300rms 12".. lol, might be nice to give them something to do...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Or Dual 4... going to be a lot more common...
AND DO NOT MIX YOUR OLD SUBS!
Thats what I thought:D Just asking.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Yeah, I don't think they make that model at dual 1ohm... So really I'm stuck with running one of them on my current amp. What should I expect in comparison to...

A.) Two Dual 12" running at 600rms

B.) Two RF Punch 12" running at 300rms

I just want to know if I should look into spending more money, or looking into a second amp or something... Can you bridge power from two amps in to one? On my PA it has a master and slave setting, and RCA's out, and a data link cable from amp "A" to amp "B"

Get one 15" (or 12, if price is to much out of budget for 15) Dual 2 ohm Alpine Type R and dump 1000 watts on it in a proper enclosure and it will beat both those setups for sure in SPL, and although the SQ of a type R isn't great, I believe it will sound just as good, if not better than your previous setups.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.