Subwoofer cancelation problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

BukvaMan
10+ year member

I have a big problem that i cant figure out so i would really need ur guys help. I have a problem with my car sound system being much louder when the windows are down then up. As soon as i close all my windows i dont get no low frequency response at all and it really sound muffeld. The funny thing is when i have my windows closed i feel so much air moving my hair and its not loud to the ear but as soon as i put the windows down that pressure goes away and i dont feel it much on the hair but its ten times louder and it sounds perfectly.

My car is a Acura TL 2005 i have 2 12" infinity reference subs facing towards the rear and being pushed by a kicker sx600.2 with about 300 watts rms to each.

what would u recommend i should do the get around that problem ive talked to some people that own the same car with a different setup and they have no complain of this. Could it be my box that is causing this cancelation or is it cause of the cabin size or would i solve it maybe with a different type of a subwoofer....

i really dont know and would really appreciate if someone could help me out with this. I just cant get it right.....

thank you

if im not mistaken , from what i've heard having the windows down is like creating a 4th order bandpass in the vehicle. Similar to having the box ported creating a way for the air to escape the cabin. So if your windows are up its like having a sealed box, but once the windows are open, its similar to having a ported box thus getting louder and lower extension. i'm not 100% but thats what i've gathered from others on here.

probably just not enough air in your car for your subwoofers to reach full potential. Try moving the box around and facing it different ways....

I had nearly the same setup only different car and it was similar for me seemed louder with the windows down, but still had plenty of output for me when they were up.

if you can fold down the seats maybe you can turn the box and fire them into the cabin and see if that changes things. I would try moving stuff around and such before moving on to different subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.