blowthrough coming soon...

oh god....

at least show the treo's some respect and clean em up... geeezzzzz.....
well we all know the uglier, the louder, so thats what i'm goin for //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

theyre most likely goin in a bandpass where no one will ever even see em, so i dont care too much. if i cared about looks i woulda spent money on rims instead of this system.

You need to do something about that powerwire...
It needs more protection than that...I would pick up some flex conduit or at least some wire loom. and secure the wire to the frame better and move it up higher...closer to the cab.
thats not high enough? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif if i put loom on it should that be good enough?

edit: i loved in your thread how you were able to run your wires so well protected and hidden, but i don't have access to a lift and it was hard enough running it there, a really saw no other places to do it.

at least the wire is fused at both the batteries, so if something does pinch it or short it i'll just have some blown fuses and have to find a new place to run em.

sweet, my brother-in-law runs four of the same subs in his '07 tahoe, i hope you can hit better numbers. of course, he's only running two PG rsd1200.1's.

yeah, my goal is 150. i don't know if i'll make it, but hopefully i will.

any other opinions on how i ran the wire? am i gonna have to redo it? btw, i doubled up on the zip ties, its not going to sag or anything, thats for sure.

I got a 97 Dakota. good trucks. But I would re-run the power wires higher and more securely under the body. That one pic shows your wire running under the body mount, I would try to tuck it up higher. If you have to, drill a couple holes to run the wire through. And you should try to wire tie up your big 3 wires.

well the blowthrough is no longer coming soon. it is here! i got it done for $60, the boot was $8 a foot, i got 7 feet, so it came to around $120 and i didnt have to do a thing. pretty nice if you ask me. hate on it or not, i'm probably going to get a MAC design, so they can deal with the dimensions of the opening in box design, probably a 6th order bandpass of some type. well, now for some pics.

before:

P1012540.jpg

after:

P1012541.jpg

P1012542.jpg

P1012543.jpg

P1012544.jpg

and about rerunning the wires, i think i am going to leave em until they cause me any problems. the big three wires have been there for over 6 months and havent been a problem, hopefully the new ones wont be either.

wow... gave the cutthrough the garden hose test to see if there were any leaks so i wouldnt have to worry about it if it rained and.... it failed, miserably. 30 minutes later and half a tube of silicone gone, its good to go. i am so glad i didnt wait til it rained to see if there were any leaks, because nearly every inch of it did. i don't know what the shop used to secure the accordian boot, but it wasnt very good. luckily i had some strong black flexible silicone to seal it up good. it looks like **** now but at least it wont leak. what can you expect for $60 i guess.....

You need to do something about that powerwire...
It needs more protection than that...I would pick up some flex conduit or at least some wire loom. and secure the wire to the frame better and move it up higher...closer to the cab.
Agreed.

well the blowthrough is no longer coming soon. it is here! i got it done for $60, the boot was $8 a foot, i got 7 feet, so it came to around $120 and i didnt have to do a thing. pretty nice if you ask me. hate on it or not, i'm probably going to get a MAC design, so they can deal with the dimensions of the opening in box design, probably a 6th order bandpass of some type. well, now for some pics.
before:

P1012540.jpg

after:

P1012541.jpg

P1012542.jpg

P1012543.jpg

P1012544.jpg

and about rerunning the wires, i think i am going to leave em until they cause me any problems. the big three wires have been there for over 6 months and havent been a problem, hopefully the new ones wont be either.
I would've had a much larger opening.

But, its looking nice.

where the heck do you guys get your 6" PVC pipe? i went to home depot today, they didnt have it. then i went to 2 other plumbing supply stores- wool and mainline, and they only sold it in 20 foot sections. can anybody help me out?

edit: feel free to flame the design if you wish. i can't design a bandpass, which is the easiest alignment to use with my cutthrough dimensions, so i think its well worth the money then trying to design one myself and have it come out life ****.

211ae9kt6.png

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.