blowthrough coming soon...

well heres some temp install pics. i blew a dustcap off the old shitty treo. it wasnt secured very well, and looked to be glue with some type of nasty sticky stuff??? i scraped it off the old dustcap and i was planning to reattach it with super glue. i know there is some special glue you are supposed to use but will will superglue keep it on there?

P1012577.jpg

the ports don't even come inside the cabin, its such a tight fit. i am going to have to insert te ports from inside the cabin and then secure them to get them to line up properly. i bought 8 steel brackets to secure the box as well. after i have everything situated the way i want, i am going to use expanding foam to seal the box off from the rest of the box.

P1012575.jpg

i get literally NO voltage drop even at idle with that kinetik. so nice.

P1012574.jpg

P1012573.jpg

P1012572.jpg

another of the ports

P1012578.jpg

good ****, plan on metering it soon?
honestly, i doubt i'd break 140 at the moment. i am losing so much pressure/sound to the outside of the car its rediculous. after i get the box secured down, the dustcap back on the one sub, and use expanding foam to seal it off from the bed of the truck i'll have it metered. not gonna blow $25 for a shitty score.

well, it was giving me a shitload of problems and i could not figure out why it was not getting loud. subs were moving about 10 mm at full volume, and i knew they werent that inefficient. it seemed like as time went on it was getting less and less loud, really starting to piss me off with the amount of time and effort i put into it. i went out last weekend to trouble shoot, turn it up to test voltages and resistance etc., amp starts cutting out past half volume. so, at first i thought the amp was crappin out on me, but then i thought it was more likely a bad electrical connection somewhere, and after 20 minutes of messin with stuff i found i had a shitty connection on the ring terminal on the back battery. the wire had come almost all the way out of the ring terminal, so i was essentially running 16 ga wire to the back batt.

to sum it up, i had basically been running my amp on my back battery for the past couple weeks. i am a dumbass, i kno. next step will be expanding foam to seal the box to the cab so we can create some pressure, then i'll be getting it metered.

EDIT: and this also explains why i got no voltage drop (at my dash volt meter). the amp and back battery werent even runnin on my trucks elec system. voltage doesnt drop at all at highway speeds, to mid 12's while driving playing full volume, and i think low 12's if i ever blast it at stop lights.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.