soundstream reference 500sx

profoundwill
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I have an old school soundstream reference 500sx and I have couple af questions about it. How many watts can I expect to get out of it (RMS) it says 500 but I know these amps were underrated?? Also I was planing on getting the Image Dynamics IDMAX 12 D2 and running it at 1ohm, the sub is 1000rms will this amp be big enough to push it??

I love these amps. Had a Reference 700s but gave it to my brother. The 500sx is 125x2 @ 4ohms, 250x2 @ 2 ohms, 500x1 bridged @ 4ohms. That's what it's rated anyways but I've heard these amps bridged get to like 1000 watts and over @ 1 ohm. Not sure though, you would have to actually test it to find out. Very underated. I think you will be very happy bridging it at a 1 ohm load with the ID MAX. What a great amp!!!!

I don't, I had my Reference 700S hooked up to 2- 4ohm Kicker XPL's which means it was only pushing 150x2 at 4 ohms and these things pounded. And if you heard it you would of thought it was producing atleast double. Very underated amps.

I know they're underrated, I just have my doubts that they produce double the rated power ...
500x1 is there rated power @ 4 ohms. The amp has never been rated at 1 ohm. Ofcourse it's not double at 4 ohms. That's not what I'm saying. I've heard people tested these at 1 ohm and got around 1000 watts and like I said, I would be suprised at all because my 700s 150x2 @ 4 ohms sounded like it was atleast 300x2 if not more. It made my XPL's pound, like to the point where it was too loud.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.