Hot glue OK in hot climate?

Participant count
  • Participant list

4BangerStanger

CarAudio.com Regular
DFW
Soon I'll be installing my tweeters in the a-pillars and know that I'll need to use some type of adhesive to hold them in. I was planning in using hot glue. But, after reading up on it a bit, I'm not so sure it's the best idea since I live in Texas and I've read that the glue can soften in the heat. Feedback online ranges from "I've been doing this for 20 years and never had a problem" to "I've seen it happen a million times".  I'd love to hear some real world experience from y'all. I've read that I can use silicon instead, but that involves a much longer dry time. 

It should be good mate.  If you have the option, just apply a bit of metal strip after you have drilled holes for self tapping screws to hold it in place.   Just use some old tweeter mount piece of steel bracket that you can bend into shape.  I also have used air conditioning steel brackets. They do come with holes so you just need 1/2 inch screws to mount them using stock screw inserts in the tweeter mounting sails. 

IMG_20140308_104644.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.