Anyone else curious about subs from China? JLD Audio?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jeff@TeamFreshPDX

CarAudio.com Newbie
I've been exploring Alibaba's subwoofer offerings and some of the companies look pretty legit.  If I'm late to this topic and it's already been hashed out then I apologise, but has anyone else wondered about the possibilities?  If you do a search for 15" subwoofer, with MOQ set at 4(just in case this is the minimum order number) , you will be presented with a decent selection of choices.  Most factories have a 100 unit limit or much higher, but there are many that will sell smaller amounts.  Now I have no proof this actually happens, as I have messaged with reps and the ordering process is a tad bit sketchy.  And I have not known anyone who has successfully ordered and received 4 or less subs.  I have found numerous subs that look more than legit for very good deals.   For an example, I found a MOQ 4 supplier with 2500w RMS dual 2ohm 15" subs for  $180 a piece.  $175 shipping to USA for the order.  And the subs look great, same general style as popular US companies.  Plus many of these companies are the OEMs for those same companies.  I realize materials can be cheaper and so on,  but it's temping to find out.  I would like to know if anyone has successfully ordered and received subs they were happy with from Alibaba.  Shoot guys we could get 4 15s 10,000w of power handling for the price of one premium US sub.  And most companies will tell you who they OEM for if you ask.  I'm going to give it a shot unless someone advises against it.  

**Been building systems for 2 decades so no need to enlighten me on this and that.****

I have read some HT threads with guys that have bought and tested these subs. It seems to be hit or miss even within 1 line of subwoofers. Sometimes they perform well and otehrs they fall flat on their face. I think there is really poor QC for these speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.