Scion IQ 2014 - Pioneer 2-DIN Depth too big?

Participant count
  • Participant list

watermelonclerk

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi guys,

I was looking for a head unit with Apple Carplay Wireless and Android Auto. A lot are available but I was looking for one with Wireless and not just Wired CarPlay. Given the advent of no usb/thunderbolt ports on iPhones in the future(given Apple design's team vision of a completely port free product) I wanted something that could reasonably last me a long time. I also hate wires in my car.

But the problem is, even though I found and ordered the model I wanted that ticks all the boxes, the crutchfield site says its not compatible.

I have attached a screenshot of the crutchfield page. It says that the depth of my OEM is a little less than the Pioneer. About .266 too big. But it seems like such a small amount(but I have no idea, thats why I came here).

I was wondering if a local audio shop would still be able to fit it in for me without damaging my car or having it bulge out too much. I am ok with a little budge. 

I actually saved a lot of money by getting a great deal on this head unit and would hate to return it. Especially with anything with comparable features (wireless carplay) costing twice as much.

I have also attached a screenshot of the Pioneer's website fit guide that shows the same incompatibility.

pioneer fit.PNG

pioneer fit 2.PNG

The second image appears to identify the factory dash location has 8.5" of depth available and the Crutchfield list may identify that the factory radio itself is 6.929".  You'll have to see what you actually have for depth. Sometimes, cutting plastic behind the dash is needed, I haven't taken this specific car apart.  A forum for those cars may have more specific info.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.