Sign in to follow this  
imickey503

Man, if I knew how good these were... I would of got them a LONG time ago.

IMG_3228.jpg

A user on here was selling them, And I need a new woofer for my right side. I decided that the Dynaudio 5.25 that comes in the volvo's are good, but this woofer is a better match for the install location.

My GOD these sound good. VERY open matched with the Volvo Dynaudio system.

I need to give them some REAL amplification and power as soon as I get around to it. So Far, They sound great as is.

I hope to pick up at least a pair of the woofers or just a single one in the future.

They JUST sound so **** open in the dash location.

After being spoiled with true High end stuff, its hard to go back.

MGTOW.com

I've run diamond components in the past and thought hey were very nice. Not sure what happened to that company?

If you like those then you would really love the first generation with the dark cones. Or you can just buy raw Eton drivers, that's who made them. Pricey, but now you know why.

Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By toledokid
      I feel like a huge n00ber for asking, but it's been in the back of my head for awhile, cause I've never really been clarified on it.

Ok, let's say I have this Kicker zX1000.1 amp running 2 Diamond Audio DVC 12" subs they run 600/1200 max

so if I'm running them both bridged in Parallel how many watts is each actually getting, (the amp puts out ~1120 watts) disregard voltage drops, etc...

Are each subs getting the full 1120 watts, or does it disperse between both of them?

Seriously, I feel like such a noob now for asking that, though, but I'm trying to know exactly why things work the way they do with car audio.
    • By DeezDrama
      My nephew has an eclipse 34230 amp- he just bought a Diamond Audio D315D4.2 15 that we need to get wired up...the sub is 4ohm dvc and rated for 500w rms 1000w max.

As far as I know the amp is 2 channel non bridgeable, Ive read that this amp is 4 ohm and 8 ohm stable, and that its a dual mono amp...
      The amp is way underated at 370rms x2 but have read that this amp can put out 1100 rms.
      but dont know if ohm load can be dropped lower than 4 on this amp???

My question is...
      Can I run one amp channel to one voice coil on the sub and the other amp channel to the second voice coil on the sub? If it really is dual mono would that be safe -or would this be stereo and blow the sub?

We are building the ported enclosure tomorrow with specs from diamond audios website for this sub and need to figure out best way to wire this sub up...

Any advice for wiring this up would be great, i been out of the car audio game for too long and seem to forgot everything

thanks in advance
    • By Safe_Cracker
      Item(s) for Sale:
      Diamond Audio D9 800.4 competition grade four channel amp

Item(s) Description/Condition:
      Power ratings for the amps are as follows:

100 X 4 @ 4 ohms
      200 x 4 @ 2 ohms

400 X 2 @ 4 ohms

2 - 160 khz!! frequency response with a 90 db s/n ratio and a THD rating of 0.004%!!

The amps are true competition amps that even accept up to zero (0) gauge power and ground wire connections and 10 gauge speaker connections.

The lowest distortion and noise ratings in mobile audio along with complete circuit protection in the amps.

Manual in PDF form > http://www.diamondaudio.com/PDF/archive/D9/D9_Amplifier_Manual.pdf

Condition: It is in good condition but has some scuffs and light scratches, functions 100%. Item was on display at a car audio shop, hard to get. Amp has never been opened, seal is in tact.

Price:
      Looking to get $350 OBO plus actual shipping. PP ok (gift) or money order. If local cash is cool. Not trades please. Safecracker71@gmail.com

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Shipped via USPS priority, ins/confirmation.

Item Pictures:
      (List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

• By joelb
      Item(s) for Sale:

Diamond Audio D971 Components

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Size: 7” Mid with 1.125” Tweeter - Power Handling: 200/400 watts RMS - Sensitivity (2.83V/1m): 91 dB - Frequency Response: 35 - 30k Hz
      Mint Condition with case

Price:

$350 Shipped

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Item Pictures:
      (List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)). [ATTACH=CONFIG]26523629[/ATTACH]
    • By Fightingeagle12
      I have a very small budget and trying to get the best bang for my buck. I was looking at maybe MB Quart or diamond audio, but im not sure what is quality and what is junk. I also was wondering if a cheap pair of components or a similarly priced pair of coaxials would be better. thanks