ChaseinBass

What is the equivalent of PRS80 in double din ?

What would be close in quality or better and and all the adjustability of PRs 80 and doesn’t have to be pioneer ? Thinking of getting a newer GMC Sierra probably in the 2008 - 2011 body style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pioneer Prs80, Rockford DSR1, Taramps 15000 HD, two 18 team FI , 4x PPI900.4s, Massive Audio CT2 tweeters, CDT 6.5 mids and 2 pr Anarchy midbass, 3 group31 juice box batterys , lots of 0 gauge and NRG aluminum hardware, Triple 300 amp CES hairpins, 4 Banks of 6 ultra caps.

only pioneer and some jvc double dins have it. Kenwood is a complete no.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

Assuming your looking to run active, my Pioneer Avh 4800 has been really nice and the tuning is great. I would look into that.

DEH-880PRS. There's one f/s in the HU classifieds.

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Alpine 9835

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500D & 4.500 amps (New amps coming soon)

2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

AVH-X5700BHS*[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

poneer *****. the JVC is much better. i instantly noticed higher resolution. i went from the JVC 730 to the kenwood 6904s( hte SQ build deck) and its awesome as well but no network mode. its nice thought better touch screen faster but i cant really hear a difference between the jvc and kenwood(they are basically identical with hte JVC having the lower tolerance parts and no active networking). i have a Twk 88 and i use it to do my level matching phase attenuation and EQing to keep all channels linear in frequency response then i cna on hte fly EQ for different genres with the 4 user presets.

for rap the EQ is unusually flat. some stuff is unnaturally boosted and i prefer a certain sound and most recordings now in days **** so i clean it up when i have to.

---------- Post added at 06:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 AM ----------

AVH-X5700BHS*[emoji6]

poop

i told wife guy on here pm'ed me wanting to buy my amp she said tell him it not fs (cause she knows i'll spend more $ on new one) and told her i wanted d2 sub for bday next week she said tell ya'll i'm to old to go down to 1ohm lol..

There is no DD equivalent to the 80prs. Absolutely none

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T

JBL MS-8

Zapco ST-4X SQ, ST-1000XMii

IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed

Alpine SPX Pro ring radiators

Hertz HV165XL

Knuconceptz OFC, Custom fit Soundrive RCAs.

There is no DD equivalent to the 80prs. Absolutely none

The 80 prs *****. Cheap dac. No low tolerance parts. The 100$ jvc will sound better and play flac.

i told wife guy on here pm'ed me wanting to buy my amp she said tell him it not fs (cause she knows i'll spend more $ on new one) and told her i wanted d2 sub for bday next week she said tell ya'll i'm to old to go down to 1ohm lol..

The 80 prs *****. Cheap dac. No low tolerance parts. The 100$ jvc will sound better and play flac.

Again. Spec for spec, capability for capability. Nothing in DD can match the 80prs.

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T

JBL MS-8

IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed

Hertz HV165XL

Again. Spec for spec, capability for capability. Nothing in DD can match the 80prs.

With a little install skill the jvc double din I had will destroy it.

It

With a little install skill the jvc double din I had will destroy it.

It

you're such an idiot. so stuck up in promoting your own ideals that you miss the point. did your teacher ever tell you to read the question before answering it? to answer just the question and not to go off on tangents?

offer a better active double din or **** off with your nonsense :wow:

I AM The Future of personal transportation, NOW!!
Pretty sure everyone on this site hates you (@JohnKuthe) more then me and that's very hard to accomplish.

The new pioneer NEX are 3 way active, 13 band eq, Apple car play or Android auto, auto EQ, auto time alignment and plays FLAC.

2016 Focus ST3 - Rockford DSR1 / PPI 900.4 / Silverflute 6.5" mids / Massive CT2 tweeters /Sundown Xv2 15"/ Taramps DSP3k / Stinger Roadkill / KNU wiring / Northstar SMSAGM80 /

2010 Focus coupe 157@46hz

Pioneer 80prs /(8) FU Audio 750 12"s / (4) FSD 2600s / (1) FSD 125.4 / (1) FSD 85.4 / (4) Crescendo UN-10" mids / (4) Crescendo FT1 tweeters / Stinger Roadkill / 2/0 EB flex wire / (5) Powerware 90AH batteries / DC 270XP Alt /

https://www.youtube.com/popwarhomie

too many freq at once, burn the coil, we all know, over 40-50hz, its all coilburning material.

you're such an idiot. so stuck up in promoting your own ideals that you miss the point. did your teacher ever tell you to read the question before answering it? to answer just the question and not to go off on tangents?

offer a better active double din or **** off with your nonsense :wow:

The jvc is active moron.

The kenwood is not but I think the preamp are stronger a tad and it's not quite as Brite in the 11k region. But it's not active hence the jvc is better for him.

I'd advise getting the mini DSP and a cheaper jvc kenwood or alpine over that lame *** deck

The new pioneer NEX are 3 way active, 13 band eq, Apple car play or Android auto, auto EQ, auto time alignment and plays FLAC.

I had a 4800. The jvc was better in everyway

Cool story bro. To bad they don't make a 4800NEX just a 4800BS.

2016 Focus ST3 - Rockford DSR1 / PPI 900.4 / Silverflute 6.5" mids / Massive CT2 tweeters /Sundown Xv2 15"/ Taramps DSP3k / Stinger Roadkill / KNU wiring / Northstar SMSAGM80 /

2010 Focus coupe 157@46hz

Pioneer 80prs /(8) FU Audio 750 12"s / (4) FSD 2600s / (1) FSD 125.4 / (1) FSD 85.4 / (4) Crescendo UN-10" mids / (4) Crescendo FT1 tweeters / Stinger Roadkill / 2/0 EB flex wire / (5) Powerware 90AH batteries / DC 270XP Alt /

https://www.youtube.com/popwarhomie

too many freq at once, burn the coil, we all know, over 40-50hz, its all coilburning material.

No DD has independent EQ therefor no DD is the 80s equal.

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T

JBL MS-8

IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed

Hertz HV165XL

poneer *****. the JVC is much better. i instantly noticed higher resolution. i went from the JVC 730 to the kenwood 6904s( hte SQ build deck) and its awesome as well but no network mode. its nice thought better touch screen faster but i cant really hear a difference between the jvc and kenwood(they are basically identical with hte JVC having the lower tolerance parts and no active networking). i have a Twk 88 and i use it to do my level matching phase attenuation and EQing to keep all channels linear in frequency response then i cna on hte fly EQ for different genres with the 4 user presets.

for rap the EQ is unusually flat. some stuff is unnaturally boosted and i prefer a certain sound and most recordings now in days **** so i clean it up when i have to.

---------- Post added at 06:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 AM ----------

poop

The double din has a bit more features and for the price its not to bad of an upgrade

The double din has a bit more features and for the price its not to bad of an upgrade

Which one money? I spent 1400 in a year in a half on these cd players. I wish the kenwood had the cool touchscreen features of the jvc.

I'd trade my 6904 for a new 940

Sorry I didn’t make myself clear but I don’t need active capability as I have the DSR 1 now. Also I am surprised there is a big difference between the Jvc and Kenwood as they are the same company? I was just looking at the Nex pioneers also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pioneer Prs80, Rockford DSR1, Taramps 15000 HD, two 18 team FI , 4x PPI900.4s, Massive Audio CT2 tweeters, CDT 6.5 mids and 2 pr Anarchy midbass, 3 group31 juice box batterys , lots of 0 gauge and NRG aluminum hardware, Triple 300 amp CES hairpins, 4 Banks of 6 ultra caps.

and my buddy that swapped a kenwood 373 to a pioneer 2800 bs said its like he removed a wet towel off his speakers from the swap alone. Your point?

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

Have you EVER owned the P80 papermaker....or just talking out your *** again like usual?

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Alpine 9835

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500D & 4.500 amps (New amps coming soon)

2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

I have the 80 and im not a huge fan. It has some great features but the 5v preouts are a lie. Its really half that unless you put on some stupid feature that adjusts output based on ambient noise or some crap. It wont reach full output parked with the feature on though so good luck setting gains. I also have the 880 that i liked better but no bluetooth.

bought from MBROOKY, johnny law.Lulz, subzero, tc3k101

sold to mytrunkslamz , vitveet, cd6551, martiandancer31 (x2), pro-rabbit, whytellyou

Trade with cf2004

I talked to @adulbrich earlier and he mentioned an Alpine deck that has full active capabilities, but I'm not sure that it was a double din?

I AM The Future of personal transportation, NOW!!
Pretty sure everyone on this site hates you (@JohnKuthe) more then me and that's very hard to accomplish.

[quote name='dbjunior']I have the 80 and im not a huge fan. It has some great features but the 5v preouts are a lie. Its really half that unless you put on some stupid feature that adjusts output based on ambient noise or some crap. It wont reach full output parked with the feature on though so good luck setting gains. I also have the 880 that i liked better but no bluetooth.[/QUOTE]

i got 4.7V out of my sub level, yours could have been faulty. I dont need to use any of those features ever.

[quote name='wew lad']I talked to @adulbrich earlier and he mentioned an Alpine deck that has full active capabilities, but I'm not sure that it was a double din?[/QUOTE]

164 bt, single din.

and my buddy that swapped a kenwood 373 to a pioneer 2800 bs said its like he removed a wet towel off his speakers from the swap alone. Your point?

Your buddy have the same tune? Doubt it

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now