Rroark90

One AB hd12 or 2 sundown sa12 or one re XX12???

Having a very hard time trying to pick which subwoofer to go with wanting around 1500 Watts I will be installing this into a Jeep Wrangler unlimited right now I have a RF 1200w amp But birth sheet says it’s closer to 1400 I will only be running this amp for a short time I plan to get a new bigger amp possibly a Skar 2000 amp gonna do the big 3 and an extra battery budget is around 400 I’m having a hard time deciding which sub because I haven’t heard any of the 3 in person but I keep reading great things about the ab hd 12 and the SA 12’s I haven’t been able to find anything about the re XX12 but looks like a nice sub I want something that will get loud and hold up well any input would be appreciated

Two sa 12s have my vote.

Loved my pair

Team Fi 12

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

CT 60.4

Crescendo PWX Mids / STS Tweets

80PRS

CES 270 Alt

D3400 and 2 Kinetik HC2400s

Maxwell supercap banks x2

Urwifeinthepassenger

Sa's are awesome Subs but the new model HD seemed pretty nice too now that they have a deeper basket and more Excursion plus I'm pretty sure they have American-made coils now too HD is definitely a beefier sub but the SA ain't no punk either and 2 will probably be louder than one but that's not always the case

Thanks for those responses it’s hard to pick when I haven’t heard any of them I was leaning towards the HD cause it’s 100 bucks less then 2 sa but pretty sure the 2 subs would be louder then the one I think I just might go with the sa’s

Do you want to save space or just get loud? 2 sa12s will likely be louder. 1 hd12 in a good box will get quote loud and easily take up to 3000w without a sweat.

Re audio was never really amazing to me the 05 xxx was great but the company has changed a lot since then

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel

2013 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4x4

Pioneer touch screen with front and rear cam

Memphis viv component run active

2 alpine pdr-m65

1 alpine pdr-f50

2 jl 13tw5-3 in subthump understeat box

I want the best bang i can get in my price range I had a kicker l7 15 prior to this and wanted something more wasn’t too impressed with the l7 but I’m still kinda leaning towards the HD 12 but if you guys think the 2 sa’s would be better then I’ll get them

I'd get a pair of SA's... that amp should be about right to really push em (Skar 2000)... box and tune em to what you want and I think you'll be happy

Hard decision when coming to picking out equipment, I am in the same boat lol.. All of the equipment listed above is great. I have not tried the newer or heard the newer re subs, but I have had an older model RE SX 12" and it was a beast sub. Sundown makes good stuff, and the American bass sub listed is also a beefy sub. I know you are working with a budget, but I would try to get 2 mid level 12's for now if you can squeeze it, and run them off what you got for now. You can always upgrade to bigger amp in the near future and upgrade your electrical if needed. Another line of subs to throw in the mix, some soundqubed HDS312 $175 a pop or some Ampere Audio-2.5 can find them around $200ish a pop.

refs on here: bought from PioneerSPL1990, amartin_72, fasfocus00, Kowboy | Sold to evildave101, Louisiana_CRX, KAC1023, Zachfeen, ds0110 | refs on caco: 72impala, super_duper, KAC1023, tandrel | refs on ebay: my username is chevy-guy87

XKF8hb

300-450 just for the subs I have a amp but will be replacing it in the near future

I don't mean to throw a new horse in the race but you should definitely consider the Alphard Audio Hannibal Fx30 12. Right about 200 each rated at 750 watts. Love mine to death. So much infact I'm getting 3 more for my SPL build. They outclass even the SA 12

Get them from GP car audio.

Team GP 417 Member

2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Stock bose system and an Alphard Audio Hannibal FX30D2 12 on an APCL1500.1D

Rebuild coming!

8 cube box for 4 12s tuned to 35hz designed by CSCStang

4 Alphard SA27 12s

Undecided on amp.

Really I’ll have to check them out I haven’t came across those at all on the web while researching

Really I’ll have to check them out I haven’t came across those at all on the web while researching

They're not very well known but they are the same company that makes deaf Bonce subs. If you want to friend me on Facebook or something of the sort I can hook you up with pictures and videos of mine in action. I promise you will in no way be disappointed.

I have mine on an APCL1500.1 at 1 ohm and its taking it well.

Team GP 417 Member

2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Stock bose system and an Alphard Audio Hannibal FX30D2 12 on an APCL1500.1D

Rebuild coming!

4 Alphard SA27 12s

Undecided on amp.

They have more Xmax and a larger voice coil than the SA series

http://gpcaraudio.com/alphard-audio-hannibal-fx30d2-12-subwoofer/

Team GP 417 Member

Rebuild coming!

4 Alphard SA27 12s

Undecided on amp.

yeah alot of peeps like the alphards just keep in mind if u want loud u need ported box and 2 12's take some space.. we have guy here with 1 fu 750 15 with 1k rms hits 140db, just something to think about (u could do about 4-4.5cf for 2 12's or 3.5-4cf for 1-15 and give it all the power) i'm sure if u do 3.5cf ad in nice ported box not tuned to low (i like 35-36hz) with that amp 2 sa will be good or 1 good 15.. i think some of the other 2 12's would need more than that amp to reach their full potential like shredder said more like 2k..

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

Alphard Audio Hannibal FX30D2 12" Subwoofer - gp car audio

they look good., u sure that xmax is 1 way?

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

The Rockford mono 1200 watt amp is gonna be short lived like only for a few weeks I’m definitely getting a 2k+ amp

And I’m wanting to do a down firing ported box I have a jeep and I think pointing down would do best in there when I have my top and doors off

Alphard Audio Hannibal FX30D2 12" Subwoofer - gp car audio

Larger coil means nothing. That’s alphard has a CCA wire coil? the SA 12 has a high temp 2.5” coil that is lighter then most 3” coil and handles heat better then most 3” coil in its price range.

Edited by Hertz Mafia
Spelling

I think I’m just gonna get the sa’s should sound pretty good with a 2k amp and They will be 4 ohm so if the 2k amp ends up being too much I’ll just wire it to 2 ohm instead of one

I think I’m just gonna get the sa’s should sound pretty good with a 2k amp and They will be 4 ohm so if the 2k amp ends up being too much I’ll just wire it to 2 ohm instead of one

D4 ohm woofers wire down to 1ohm... or u can wire to 4ohm... can’t wire to 2ohm... but a 2k amp on two SA 12s will not be to much power.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now