Looking for a 4 8" ported subwoofer set up, any recommendations?

kmu
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Im looking for a ported 8" subwoofer set up, got 1,250 watts RMS at 1ohm to play with and 4 cf3 gross to build a ported box, want to stay on a budget of around $500, this will go in a Jeep Grand Cherokee 2015

Ive had single, double and triple subwoofer set ups, this time Im leaning towards doing 4 ported 8" subwoofers that can take a 300 watts and work around 1cf3 gross.

Im looking into getting the best lows possible out of the set up, currently have a 10w3v3 in a ported box that I will replace.

So far I have the Sundown E5 on the radar, but maybe could go with Massive Audio subs or any other brand that can work.

THX

Last edited by a moderator:
4 8's would be awesome. DC Audio m38, Sundown Audio they have many 8's to chose from, American Bass VFL series, Soundqubed,

4 8's would be awesome. DC Audio m38, Sundown Audio they have many 8's to chose from, American Bass VFL series, Soundqubed,
Those DC audio m38s look huge, wouldnt I be under powering them with only 300 rms when they are rated to 600 rms? I like the look of the Soundqbed 8" sub specially with the carbon fiber dustcap, The price on the Soundqbed HDS2 8" fits my budget great, how would it perform with half the rated power?

THX again

Would there be much difference in SQ and output if I go with 4 E5 on 300 rms each vs going with 3 SA8s on 400 watts each?

Which one would sound better at lower frequencies?

Soundown rates the SA8 at 500 rms, would giving it 400 on a large enclosure work for it or is it power hungry?

4 8s is more cone area so would be "louder" but if it were me I'd go e8v5 all day. Pretty sure Jacob said they are on par if not better than the early gen sa series. I had 4 e8s on a bc2000 and they took it all day. Honestly 2.5k would've been perfect. My vote is go for the e and you won't be disappointed

Those DC audio m38s look huge, wouldnt I be under powering them with only 300 rms when they are rated to 600 rms? I like the look of the Soundqbed 8" sub specially with the carbon fiber dustcap, The price on the Soundqbed HDS2 8" fits my budget great, how would it perform with half the rated power?
THX again
Ya you def would be. I hear they can take 1000 rms. I'll be giving mine approx 800 watts from a bigass amp I just recently got. They weigh about 20 lbs lol

hsU72Sa.jpg

I think the Sundown E8v5s will be the way to go.

Would there be any difference in low end output from the 4 x E8v5 vs the SA8v3? would the E8s get better at lower end frequencies than the SA8s?

Im looking for a ported 8" subwoofer set up, got 1,250 watts RMS at 1ohm to play with and 4 cf3 gross to build a ported box, want to stay on a budget of around $500, this will go in a Jeep Grand Cherokee 2015
Ive had single, double and triple subwoofer set ups, this time Im leaning towards doing 4 ported 8" subwoofers that can take a 300 watts and work around 1cf3 gross.

Im looking into getting the best lows possible out of the set up, currently have a 10w3v3 in a ported box that I will replace.

So far I have the Sundown E5 on the radar, but maybe could go with Massive Audio subs or any other brand that can work.

THX
I have one m3 8inch on a 2k
25f23477c0265ead14ddb3fc7b20f995.jpg
241877652c0180ab4a5c4a6748d2e6cd.jpg
c19cbd98a8edc8835c252bdb07dde6be.jpg

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I am impressed with my massive hippo 84's I have them in 1.8 net tuned to 30 (wanted to test low end output). With the power your talking they should do fine (would warn that lower than 30 and they drop in output very quickly), possibly the summo series but I cant speak to their quality or sound. I was in a similar situation when trying to pick which sub to go with, my deciding factor was going with something that wasn't as popular just to try it. It all depends on what you really want, although there is something to be said about the huge amount of fans sundown has.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.