What Epoxy is This?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ciaonzo
5,000+ posts

TheContinental
WI
Hey, guys.

Any of you familiar with this type of grey epoxy? TC Sounds uses it for the spider-to-coil joints and I love it because it stays nice and flexible once cured. This saves the spiders from tearing during extreme excursion because the epoxy gives just enough to pull along with the spider. I have many builds lined up and I would like to use this same epoxy as opposed to rubberized CA.

Hey, guys.
Any of you familiar with this type of grey epoxy? TC Sounds uses it for the spider-to-coil joints and I love it because it stays nice and flexible once cured. This saves the spiders from tearing during extreme excursion because the epoxy gives just enough to pull along with the spider. I have many builds lined up and I would like to use this same epoxy as opposed to rubberized CA.

This and it held of ever driver i've ever built. it doesn't get hard and brittle. hope ya find out though.http://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/13/6/epxy_1min/overview/Loctite-Epoxy-Instant-Mix-1-Minute.htm

IMO its the best. very workable and very fast setting. say you have 10 to build you can build one at a time and by the time you finish all of the you can QC them.. lol

Thanks for the link, that was one of many epoxies I've been reviewing for their varying qualities.

I'm sure I'll come across something, I just wanted to try and find the original article. It supposedly helps transfer the heat from the coil to the aluminum cone as well. I was thinking it might be a 3M product.

it looks like a thermal paste abit. Id give 3m a call and see if they make something similar at least..
3M makes something that is almost identical... I can't recall the part # but I have bought it before. It's gray & stays somewhat flexible... also goes on SUPER thick and doesn't run much.

3M makes something that is almost identical... I can't recall the part # but I have bought it before. It's gray & stays somewhat flexible... also goes on SUPER thick and doesn't run much.
Appreciate it, Jacob. That's reassuring, I will see what I can find through a couple vendors.

**3M -- This may be it... I can see in my system I bought some back in 2010 and that seems to match my memory.
Do you use the industry standard CA glue? I've used all kinds of glues and for me just doing protos and testing the quick set epoxy has never failed. dries in a few hours and seems to hold up fine. i don't abuse my stuff lik i did when i was a kid.. lol

**3M -- This may be it... I can see in my system I bought some back in 2010 and that seems to match my memory.
while you are here i have a question for you. it has to do with VC formers and cooling. I'm curious to know if the technique would work. it might cool the coil better and save MMS. if you are interested hit me up i'll run the idea by you and maybe you can try it out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ciaonzo

5,000+ posts
TheContinental
ciaonzo
WI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date