Old school amp?

I'm in need of either a 5 channel amp or a 4 channel and a 2 channel. I've looked at some pawn shops and found some old school amps. I don't know enough so I'm looking for help here. Should I get a new one or get one of these? Obviously I would never pay asking price but here is the models and their price.

Ppi a600.2 art series $200

Alpine v12 mrvf307 $150

Phoenix Gold zx200 $150

Phoenix Gold zx450 $350

I'm in need of either a 5 channel amp or a 4 channel and a 2 channel. I've looked at some pawn shops and found some old school amps. I don't know enough so I'm looking for help here. Should I get a new one or get one of these? Obviously I would never pay asking price but here is the models and their price. Ppi a600.2 art series $200

Alpine v12 mrvf307 $150

Phoenix Gold zx200 $150

Phoenix Gold zx450 $350
Phoenix Gold are good amps but need to have the power supply caps changed...The PPI is a strong amp ...I have a like new 600.2 about to install in my mustang

I have ran several of the PG ZX and ZXTI amps in the past. As mentioned above, they are plenty powerful, sound great but will need the caps change at some point.

The prices you mentioned seem a little out there. If they are in decent shape I would say more like 100/175 respectively.

The ppi is nice and if its mint then its worth that price. Does it have to be old? I have a really nice old american made lunar 2ch. Great sq and does a little over 400 bridged at 4ohms I read.

I'm in need of either a 5 channel amp or a 4 channel and a 2 channel. I've looked at some pawn shops and found some old school amps. I don't know enough so I'm looking for help here. Should I get a new one or get one of these? Obviously I would never pay asking price but here is the models and their price. Ppi a600.2 art series $200

Alpine v12 mrvf307 $150

Phoenix Gold zx200 $150

Phoenix Gold zx450 $350

Ok so I think the PPI a600.2 is just a 2 channel amp. I really need a 4 channel amp for my new speakers. So if the Ppi is a 2 channel would the zx450 be better than the alpine? I've also found a ppi ax606.2.

Figure out what power you want/need, go from there choosing from those amps. I used to have/run a ZX450v2 and I'd love to have another one some day. They have benched around 110w/ch @ 4 ohms. As stated by others, replace the caps and you'll be "gold"en. Me, I'd go with the ZX450 to the four corners and the PPI A600.2 on subs.

I have a kicker zr360 for sale and is realy beast of an amp,I buy one IA20.1 and Im nervous because m'y old zr beat every modern amp I try to date!!

How difficult or expensive is it to repair any of those amps?
It would be 60-80 plus the ride both ways.

It's the black art series. So old school amp would be better than going new?
The black series is less common and worth more. It will most likely also need the caps done on it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.