Participant count
  • Participant list
Status
Not open for further replies.

72Impala
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
1. Product:

Digital Designs 99z subwoofer motor. Tight gap, Gen 1 from what I'm told. Supposed to be VERY efficient (more so than Z3).

I can add things like 15" DD composite cone (300 alone),

I have other motors (mtx 9500, treo csx motors, Rd sonance). Also have welding cable of all sizes.

2. Specs:

Really really strong motor

3. Description/Condition:

Used

4. What you are looking for: :

I want to trade my 99z motor for a Z3 motor. Reason is because I have a Z3 top assembly and it doesn't fit my 99z motor (different gap specs in motors). I'll add if I have to

5. Pictures of your item for trade:

20150716_160346.jpg

20150716_161744.jpg

[br][/br]

[br][/br]

[br][/br]

[br][/br]

[br][/br]

[br][/br]

[br][/br]

[br][/br]

[br][/br]

[br][/br]

[br][/br]

Good to see you back!
Yes, the older ones are sweet.

I won't clog up your thread anymore, but I'll PM you what I have now
Thanks man it was an alright trip. Lmk what you got I'm interested.

DD motor is worth bout twice the Z3 hell of a good trade....
Really? I've got two of these same motor and didn't think they were as high as the newer 99z or Z3. Still really good, efficient motors though.

They seem to have more neo despite being shorter than the new ones so maybe that's why.

I don't think so.. The older z is a bit better afaik
The older Z motors have been proven to be louder in a few applications from my understanding. One reason Craig Bulter still runs the older Z motors.

I'm confused what you meant by "I don't think so"

[quote name='Rickdod3']The older Z motors have been proven to be louder in a few applications from my understanding. One reason Craig Bulter still runs the older Z motors.

I'm confused what you meant by "I don't think so"[/QUOTE]

That would be the last 99z before the Z3. Like @adulbrich has. The Z in this picture and my Z's are extremely rare first gen Z's so maybe that's why they could be worth more.

[quote name='Rickdod3']The older Z motors have been proven to be louder in a few applications from my understanding. One reason Craig Bulter still runs the older Z motors.

I'm confused what you meant by "I don't think so"[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SounDrive']That would be the last 99z before the Z3. Like @adulbrich has. The Z in this picture and my Z's are extremely rare first gen Z's so maybe that's why they could be worth more.[/QUOTE]

That...

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

[quote name='SounDrive']That would be the last 99z before the Z3. Like @adulbrich has. The Z in this picture and my Z's are extremely rare first gen Z's so maybe that's why they could be worth more.[/QUOTE]

heard many times only 4 of those motors in the US, true? also love my rcas I have from when I got the zenon mono, hope all is going well with ya man.

All this interest. Someone offer me a Z3 motor lol. BTW this motor is now a functioning 10", won't ask or charge more because of that though

That... 

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

heard many times only 4 of those motors in the US, true? also love my rcas I have from when I got the zenon mono, hope all is going well with ya man.
I only know of 3 and they're all accounted for in this thread. But I'm sure someone has some squirreled away somewhere. I've only managed to found 2 others on google images but they were single subs with no black paint so they could very well be this motor here. I would think there are a bit more than 3 out there.

I tried to call DD and ask about reconing these to 18s and ask about more history but no one that knew anything about Z's was working that day and they didn't return my voicemail. I may call again later. My original plan was to buy this motor and recone all 3 to 18s in a C pillar wall but the guy traded the motor off after we made a deal, and then that guy sold it to 72Impala and now I'm broke lol. Scared to know how much DD wants for a recone and 3 18" composite cones as well.

EDIT: There are actually 2 versions of this 99z. There is a more squared off bottom plate version, then this version. Some were painted black like mine and some were left unpainted.

I only know of 3 and they're all accounted for in this thread. But I'm sure someone has some squirreled away somewhere. I've only managed to found 2 others on google images but they were single subs with no black paint so they could very well be this motor here. I would think there are a bit more than 3 out there.
I tried to call DD and ask about reconing these to 18s and ask about more history but no one that knew anything about Z's was working that day and they didn't return my voicemail. I may call again later. My original plan was to buy this motor and recone all 3 to 18s in a C pillar wall but the guy traded the motor off after we made a deal, and then that guy sold it to 72Impala and now I'm broke lol. Scared to know how much DD wants for a recone and 3 18" composite cones as well.

EDIT: There are actually 2 versions of this 99z. There is a more squared off bottom plate version, then this version. Some were painted black like mine and some were left unpainted.
You can sell me those motors you have. And 18 rebuild is gonna be 900-1100 I believe depending on options. That's per sub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...